Video Feed from the JAR

taxpayer

And here is the BS response (so no home games for us it seems):

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you very much for providing us with this forum. We recognize that this is a widespread issue and we will notify the school that they need to increase the quality of their video production. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know as we will be more than happy to assist you.
Best,
Megan
Streaming Support
SIDEARM Sports
335 Hinds Hall | Syracuse NY 13244

That may not be a BS response. UA may not be paying Sidearm Sports enough to get full technical support. UA may be on the budget plan where the school is responsible for providing its own high-speed internet connection for video streaming home games. But it doesn't hurt to have Sidearm Sports on the side of the fans. Maybe Sidearm can use the fan complaints to leverage UA into upgrading its service plan.

• Like 1

That may not be a BS response. UA may not be paying Sidearm Sports enough to get full technical support. UA may be on the budget plan where the school is responsible for providing its own high-speed internet connection for video streaming home games. But it doesn't hurt to have Sidearm Sports on the side of the fans. Maybe Sidearm can use the fan complaints to leverage UA into upgrading its service plan.

DIG, you are absolutely correct. But it is mind blowing that in 2014 a D1 State University with an enrollment of HOW MANY THOUSANDS does not have a high speed internet connection and in house IT personnel to make it work.

OMG I paid for the feed from SIDEARMS SPORTS and it sucks. Even worse than from the JAR.

Send another e-mail to your "friend" Megan at Sidearm and tell her you paid good money for her company's feed from NDSU and tell her it was worse than the one from UA. Tell her you are starting a petition for the MAC to ditch Sidearm and find a legitimate service provider. Tell her you believe Sidearm is a fraud stealing money from public universities and you aren't going to put up with it. See if that gets her attention.

No one should get too excited about beating the Zips right now. They have a lot to prove to live up to the 20+ win teams of the past decade. As much as we Zips fans would like to be optimistic, you just can't lose a strong candidate for MAC player of the year and go on as if nothing has happened.

• 3 weeks later...

To Whom It May Concern: I was critical in the past about the video feed from the JAR. I went on the web to watch the game last night and was pleasantly surprised. Great video feed and audio as well. Not sure what made me happier, a "laugher" by the Zips to open MAC play or the quality of the feed. I don't know the how's or why's but you have my thanks and gratitude! Nice job by the powers that be!

• Like 1

It was still strange though. I had an Android device working. I tried to use a couple of other Android devices, and they got the countdown with like 4 hours to go, would not get video, but they got audio.

Then I hooked up a Win 8 device and it connected.

Also, the full screen button on the Android device did not work which it did in the past. Did work in Win 8

So they changed the interface, but in some ways maybe not for the better. I HDMI it over to the flat screen TV, and the Android picture is better for some reason. But not last night.

• 10 months later...