Customizable Zips Apparel

In case anyone else is interested, I came across a website where you can purchase customizable Zips apparel like this. http://www.prepsportswear.com/product/us/Ohio/The-University-of-Akron-Zips/Embroidered-Tall-Men-s-Silk-Touch-Polo.aspx?schoolid=2609192&productid=577&pc=navy&category=310&d=19681&up_ss2=custom5

You can pick among a number of sports or other Zips activities (such as band, alumni, & a few others).

I would just contact Dan Fannely at Akron Felt And Chenille. They can make you anything you want and they have all the emblems including the new Z emblems. Most of the teams buy their gear from AF&C. You can go to their website and choose the garment or hat you want and they will customize it to your specs. It is usually only a 4-5 day turnaround and they will ship or you can pick it up from their store located right near the Rubber Bowl.

http://www.akronfeltandchenille.com/

I would just contact Dan Fannely at Akron Felt And Chenille. They can make you anything you want and they have all the emblems including the new Z emblems. Most of the teams buy their gear from AF&C. You can go to their website and choose the garment or hat you want and they will customize it to your specs. It is usually only a 4-5 day turnaround and they will ship or you can pick it up from their store located right near the Rubber Bowl.

http://www.akronfeltandchenille.com/

Thanks. You're the first person who has confirmed that to me.

I can verify AF&C does a great job. You can also get the Akron logo embroidered on any piece of clothing you bring in right on campus. The service used to be on the bottom floor of the honors dorm next to Bulger Hall but I think they have moved to Quaker Square. I think it is called Custom Imprint Service but I'm not positive.

I will be giving them a call for the holidays! Thanks Zips Nation!

Has anyone gotten anything from Felt and Chenile and can testify for it?

I haven't seen any apparel from them other than football jerseys but they do a nice job on those.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for you guys that are interested:

I hit up Dillard's post-holiday sales and picked up some shirts that were on clearance to be embroidered. They called today to tell me they were finished. I thought I would let you see how they turned out.

10959716_10203902327702025_5113531564497

10959523_10203902329502070_1986886588131

10404505_10203902329662074_2989212167363

10968535_10203902330142086_5559502073428

The price has been raised to $10 per design up from $7. Still quite affordable. I thought they turned out great. I need a XXXLT shirt because I am 6'3" with a 30" inseam. All torso and no legs, so it is very difficult for me to find anything in the bookstore that fits. This is the perfect service for me. If you are interested, here is the information you need:

1503438_10203902330382092_35347358555872

• Like 2

Looks nice Keener! I'm going to get some customized gear from them ASAP!

Here's a question for everyone: They have services where they can make things for Akron-specific groups. Would anyone be interested in getting customized ZipsNation stuff? Perhaps with a created Zipseque Logo by them?

Looks nice Keener! I'm going to get some customized gear from them ASAP!

Here's a question for everyone: They have services where they can make things for Akron-specific groups. Would anyone be interested in getting customized ZipsNation stuff? Perhaps with a created Zipseque Logo by them?

I think everyone should have to wear one of these with their screen name at all Zips games:

hi-my-name-is.jpg