UA to Renovate the JAR

Blue & Gold

14 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Board is finished and in place.. Looks awesome. Not sure how to link to it as it's on the ZipsMBB instagram story. But if you follow them, give it a look.

Speaking of ZipsMBB Instagram (something I never look at unless it is mentioned specifically), check out the weight room pic of the team.

lyjzk.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 8:48 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Is this something they're planning on doing, or is this just something you've noticed & suggest?

They've already started moving them around. The Zippy Capital One banner and both banners honoring our all-time winning coaches have been moved to the sidelines. They still need to find new locations for the flags; American, Ohio and UA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Dare I say the JAR looks.. good?

I'd say it looks better, but far from good.

It's disappointing. With how awesome most of the campus has become, the JAR is an eyesore and one of the first buildings people see when getting off Rt 8. There's has to be something that can be done. Don't get me wrong, the new videoboard is great and will be a nice improvement on gameday. But isn't it still putting lipstick on a pig? Can't they take a few million and refresh the outside? Do something about the track? Make it look better than a high school gym built in the 80s.

Edited by akzipper

Yeah thanks, I forgot all about the corner boards. Assuming those will be used for stats and whatnot as they seem pretty narrow but perhaps they're a little more wide in person. We better have someone capable of putting some good programming together and getting timely replays up there now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Yeah thanks, I forgot all about the corner boards. Assuming those will be used for stats and whatnot as they seem pretty narrow but perhaps they're a little more wide in person. We better have someone capable of putting some good programming together and getting timely replays up there now.

"Chad Welker ... paging Chad Welker. Please report to the JAR video production command center, STAT!"

So, here's something to ponder this morning.

For those who already go to Zips Basketball games, this is a fantastic addition.  We'll all love it.  

But for people who don't have any interest in Zips Basketball, is this an attraction for them?  Probably not, if they never see it.  So, I'm hoping that they do some creative things to make a greater use out of it than just a video board during games.  Maybe have a movie night for kids and families, etc.   Also, if Zips Basketball itself is not the attraction for them, doing other things with the board during the game breaks and intermissions might persuade them to attend games for that additional entertainment outside of what is happening on the court.

We'll see.