Around the MAC

Could that simply mean that their conference foes, where they play about 2/3 of their games, suck so bad that the small number of OOC games that they play has little impact?

If they played easier OOC schedules to get better records, then about 2/3rds of their schedule would be against other teams with better schedules and so a higher RPI.

The difference between the MBC and MAC is that the MVC has two really great teams and a bunch of bad ones. The MAC has a lot of pretty good teams, but nobody stands out. Top-to-bottom, the conferences are very similar in strength.

Would you like the MAC better if it had 9 Ball States one average Can't State, and one or two ranked teams? 90% of your conference schedule would be unwatchable.

The difference between the MBC and MAC is that the MVC has two really great teams and a bunch of bad ones. The MAC has a lot of pretty good teams, but nobody stands out. Top-to-bottom, the conferences are very similar in strength.

Would you like the MAC better if it had 9 Ball States one average Can't State, and one or two ranked teams? 90% of your conference schedule would be unwatchable.

I would love to see 2 ranked MAC teams (especially if one was UA) and the rest of the conference be crappy. None of the MAC schools are even close to being ranked.

• Like 1

Unless I'm missing something, you're not taking into account the teams the AAC are playing IN conference. If the MAC was 80-50 OOC with the AAC OOC schedule - while also playing quality teams after January - I'd imagine the RPI # would be a lot higher than .5220

You are correct. I cited from the wrong column on that number. I should have cited OOC RPI rather than total RPI. In the OOC RPI column the MAC is #11 at 0.5044 vs. #8 at 0.5208 for the AAC. So the AAC did get slightly more value than I originally posted out of virtually the same won-lost record as the MAC but with a significantly higher difficulty of schedule. Thanks for pointing that out.

Could that simply mean that their conference foes, where they play about 2/3 of their games, suck so bad that the small number of OOC games that they play has little impact?

It means that all of the teams in the SWAC taken together had the #3 ranked SOS out of all conferences, but that they didn't earn sufficient RPI out of that to carry into conference play. In other words, they all started conference play with poor RPI because they couldn't win on the road against stronger OOC opponents. SWAC schools schedule that way because they're all underfunded and need to earn money in OOC road games to help pay for their athletic programs. They are the polar opposite of the overfunded majors that have loads of cash to buy whatever they want. MAC teams are somewhere in the middle.

The most important thing right now is seeding for the MAC tournament. Getting at least a top 4 seed is critical for the Zips. Earning a #1 or #2 seed gets you straight into the semifinals, while getting a #3 or #4 seed gets you straight into the quarterfinals. The other 8 teams will end up having to win 4 games in 6 days while playing 5 games in 8 days (including their regular season finales) to win the tournament. It's a little early to be guessing which results among other top teams would end up helping the Zips the most. Any results that end up getting the Zips a minimum #4 seed and preferably a top 2 are obviously good. Looking at the current overall MAC standings, it appears that only 6 teams have a realistic shot at those top 4 seeds:

REALISTIC SHOT AT TOP 4 SEED

8-3 - UT*

8-3 - Zips

8-3 - BGSU

7-4 - Can't

7-4 - CMU

6-5 - UB

UNLIKELY TO EARN TOP 4 SEED

5-6 - WMU

4-7 - OU

4-7 - EMU

4-7 - NIU

3-8 - MU

2-9 - BSU

* Currently owns tie breaker over Zips for #1 MAC tournament seed

Tinder is essentially Hot-or-not, but with instant messaging added. You put up a profile picture on the app, and it goes into a queue of other profile pictures that people of the opposite gender get to sort through. It's all based on location, as given by your phone's GPS. If two people mutually like each other, they get a notification, and can send messages back and forth.

For us old folks, what the hell is "tinder"?

For the unaware, there is a hyperlink attached to the word, "Tinder" in the original post. If one would click on it, it would take them to the wiki page with a full explanation. It doesn't get easier, until the enhancements in telepathic communication are advanced.

• Like 2

K E N T @ Toledo ESPN U 6:00 early start,

interesting game IMO as this is the very definition of the dreaded sandwich spot for the Radio City Rockettes. They are off of that huge win at Buffalo then hit the road again for our return match, Still, the lack of Can't's interior presence is probably a fatal flaw. I'll be watching.....

Dare I say I'm hoping the F lashes can steal one tonight.

Can't 76, UT 75 (OT)

MAC STANDINGS

8-3 - Zips*
8-3 - BGSU

8-4 - UT

8-4 - Can't

7-4 - CMU

6-5 - UB

5-6 - WMU

4-7 - OU

4-7 - EMU

4-7 - NIU