WOW (Good Luck Bucks) #TeamOhio

K92

As much as I'm embarrassed by this, I'm also seeing some of our own athletes tweeting about #BuckeyeNation and stuff. Not a ton you can say when you're own players are OSU fans.

I thought that attitude among our players of touting other programs was a problem during the Ianello years, and has since been rectified? Apparently not.

Here was the post on the FB page that might have caught my attention the most. Some people who claim to support us don't even know that we are a D-1A School !!!!!

Here's the post. Did anyone else see this? Funny.

Different divisions my friend! Like the Cleveland Indians and the Akron Rubber Ducks... They are both the HOME TEAM!!! Go bucks!!!!

Here was the post on the FB page that might have caught my attention the most. Some people who claim to support us don't even know that we are a D-1A School !!!!!

Different divisions my friend! Like the Cleveland Indians and the Akron Rubber Ducks... They are both the HOME TEAM!!! Go bucks!!!!

It's because they're so desperate to root for a winner, they'll root for anyone that is a winner. Even if that winner is in another corner of the state and takes more than a couple hours to get there.

Well, I guess Akronite LeBron is happy.

And I'm sure GT and the Akron Beacon Journal staff are thrilled.

But most of all, I'm sure the Zips Athletic Dept. staff are ecstatic!

GO #TeamOhio !!

I saw someone tweet out that they'll remember the Go #TeamOhio portion when Akron plays Ohio...

It's because they're so desperate to root for a winner, they'll root for anyone that is a winner. Even if that winner is in another corner of the state and takes more than a couple hours to get there.

Go back and read my post again. I don't think you caught the part where the Poster thinks Akron plays in another Division.

Go back and read my post again. I don't think you caught the part where the Poster thinks Akron plays in another Division.

I did. I think to them, there's only one school in Ohio. Even if they do go to a different one. I keep using the high school comparison. You going to root for a rival school to win a state title, or even root for a school that you didn't even go to when you were in high school.

This, right here, epitomizes why UA will never get the attention of "Joe Akron".

Isn't GT an Ohio State grad? Pretty sure...so your arguments are stupid with regard to GT.

I've decided if the Athletic department doesn't care I am going to stop caring as much too. I'm done buying tickets. If you keep buying tickets you are the sheeple you make fun of who root for Ohio State with no ties. You buy tickets to a team that the Athletic Department doesn't even care. Akron athletics has become the joke I've defended it against being over the years. I give up. I'll still pay attention and they will always be my alma mater but my financial dollars can go elsewhere.

I'm all for the good luck wish. I'm a football fan. I'm from Ohio. I cheered for the Ohio team to win a national championship. And when UA plays tOSU I cheer even harder for UA. Cheering for another team when UA is not involved is not going to weaken UA. Being petty is.

The "I'm from Ohio" excuse is one of the stupidest things commonly thrown out by OSU bandwagoners. You would never catch them rooting for OU or Toledo or AKRON or any other university if they went on a run. Nobody in the state outside of Athens was cheering for Ohio when they were in the Sweet 16. You didn't have every single radio station and media outlet hanging off their sack for an entire week. It's a BS argument and you know it.

I'm all for the good luck wish. I'm a football fan. I'm from Ohio. I cheered for the Ohio team to win a national championship. And when UA plays tOSU I cheer even harder for UA. Cheering for another team when UA is not involved is not going to weaken UA. Being petty is.

We compete against them for students, athletes, faculty, media attention....and maybe most importantly....DONOR CONTRIBUTIONS.

You're either unaware of the impact, or just flat-out ignoring it.

Akron National Champion Shirts

Akron beat Pitt

Pitt beat Va Tech

Va Tech beat OSwhO

In terms of this scheme, I think OSU's win last night may have helped us with RPI points. I'm all about those. When struggling to win, get recruits, garner favorable local media attention, or have any fans in general, I'll take the RPI points all day. :nutkick:

http://www.realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings.html

I think we're trending upwards. Must have been that OSU win last night. Maybe someday we'll even get to play in the Horseshoe. Though I hope the field doesn't get torn up for the B1G season.