Misc Brief Ramblings...

Placed my $145.00 order for season tix today. I wanted a media guide tacked on...why isn't that "standard operating procedure" to offer a media guide with the season tix? Wonder if I'll get it...

Looks like Ricky McKenzie didn't stick with the Montreal Alouettes...in fact, there are no former Zips playing in the CFL right now?

The last football-related entry on GoZips.com is dated April 28th, 2004? Hey...can someone walk down the hall and see what's happening on the football end of things? The last roster update was 3 months ago...what's the deal? Do we still have a football team? The Beacon and GoZips.com seem to be neck-and-neck in Zips football coverage over the past 2 months...that's pretty bad...Has there been anything on the Ohio State Football Web Page regarding their football team in the past 2 months? My guess is, "Yes."

Still no free agent signing of Nick Sparks? I'm baffled. Maybe he pops up in NFL Europe next year?

Konrad Dean on the losing end of the Euro Bowl. He's with the Jaguars.

Why do NFL teams in Florida love the Zips so much? (Cherry/Dean with Jacksonville, Taylor with Miami, Dwight with TB)? Why is Schifino so far north (Tennessee)?

Schifino is playing for a contract this summer. As with his Zips career..."Can he stay healthy?" is the only question....ability is there.

Victor Greene to return for a 13th NFL season? Unlikely, but we'll see...

Still waiting for that onslaught of Zips players to leave for Ashland, as reported by Roger Brown.

F The Beacon. :rolltide: I'm out.

Placed my $145.00 order for season tix today. I wanted a media guide tacked on...why isn't that "standard operating procedure" to offer a media guide with the season tix? Wonder if I'll get it...

:unsure:

Good question Cappie. Maybe its because the guides aren't finished till after Aug 15th. When do tix go out? Earlier? They could at least send a guide to booster club members. And to get season tix, ya gotta join, right? So... Good question Cappie. :unsure:

Yea, things are really dead right now. At least they have an update on gozips.com about the practice field at Lee Jackson Field. That is amazing. I don't even recognize the place any more. Hopefully students can use it too. Sounds like it will be restricted to NCAA athletes, that will really cut down on the open space that the rest of the student body can use in an already cramped urban campus. I know I've seen some plans to buy the land on the opposite side of Exchange street and turn that into "green space" Till then,finding a place where you can toss the ball with your buddies will be nearly nonexistant. Though I do have to say, the athletic fieldhouse will more than make up for the loss of that area for the general student body. Would have been nice to have both though.

Guest zipalomg

The last I heard was that media guides would be restricted to media. The NCAA talked or rules on this in the early year when then had their meeting. Media guides from majors had somethinmg to do with this. I was on campus yesterday, BB camps going on big time, FB coaches out and about. Prep going on for 50th soccer year ann. Field coach busy, as is volleyball.