A Nick Harney sighting

The Hip Zip

Brad Stevens passed the torch to Greg Marshall as my #1.

Mike Krzyzewski is over-exposed, over-hyped...but there are a million coaches out there who have great talent and lose. Duke is in the mix every year. And if you look at the NBA, Duke players aren't all that prevalent and mostly 2nd-tier guys like J J Reddick and Trajon Langdon. He's not winning the way Pitino does.

I like Sean Miller too.

Greg Marshall, Bo Ryan, and the third was a bit tougher for me. I have 4-5 names for that 3rd spot. I may be giving in to the "prisoner of the moment", but give me Bruce Weber. He hasn't had any talent that has blossomed into great or even good NBA players. He just has solid teams. Looking at the state of the Illinois program since he left, and now what he's doing at Kansas State, I'd put him #3.

I have 4-5 names for that 3rd spot.

I would be interested in those names too. I'm pretty ignorant to college basketball because I really only follow MAC basketball and some of Akron's ooc opponents. I used to really enjoy it, but I'm starting to miss good college basketball since the MAC has been down for so long. I was impressed with the Jim Larrañaga interviews before the Zips game, he seems to have a great understanding of offense and how to simplify it. It reminded me of Huggins when he was at Akron, I loved listening to him explain his offense. I also enjoy watching VCU games, I think Shaka does a great job.

Mike Krzyzewski is over-exposed, over-hyped...but there are a million coaches out there who have great talent and lose.

Agreed. I would love to play a game, turn around the next day, switch coaches and see what happens with the same two teams. I thought about that often with Charlie Coles.

Greg Marshall, Bo Ryan, and the third was a bit tougher for me. I have 4-5 names for that 3rd spot. I may be giving in to the "prisoner of the moment", but give me Bruce Weber. He hasn't had any talent that has blossomed into great or even good NBA players. He just has solid teams. Looking at the state of the Illinois program since he left, and now what he's doing at Kansas State, I'd put him #3.

Speaking of K-State, I would have put Frank Martin in this list before his SC tenure. Hasn't blossomed there yet though.

Speaking of K-State, I would have put Frank Martin in this list before his SC tenure. Hasn't blossomed there yet though.

He has great talent on the way, should get there.

Nobody more relevant to that subject right now than Virginia's Tony Bennett. Best defensive mind in the game, period. His old man, Dick, was no slouch either.