If you see me around town,

columnist_roger_brown.gif:nutkick:

Strange but true:

While work is nearly complete on the University of Akron's new football practice facility, the Zips won't be the first team to use it. That honor goes to the NFL Denver Broncos: they'll use the Akron site as they prepare for their Aug. 9 Hall of Fame pre-season game against Washington.

Zips football, part 2:

Insiders whisper new Akron head coach J.D. Brookhart has the same disease caught by many coaches who leave assistant jobs at major football programs and take head-coaching positions at smaller schools: They're so intent on quickly imposing "their" system on the program they fail to realize they don't have the necessary talent to carry out their grand vision.

Brookhart, a former University of Pittsburgh assistant, is intent on installing a complex, "pro-style" offense at Akron, led by star quarterback Charlie Frye. But Brookhart has already had to switch two defensive backs to wide receiver because the latter position has so little talent.

Guest Guest

Is Roger smart enough to realize that all programs go through this including the Big Ten and the Suckeyes! I am certain that JD knows what he is doing by moving Domenik Hixon from DB to WR. I have also heard that he plans to play Jabari Arthur as a slot receiver. Good idea. The experience can only help him for when he eventually takes over for #5. This Roger Brown character really has it out for the Zips. Did he graduate from a rival MAC or Big Ten school. Can't is known for its journalism school. I'll bet that A hole is a freaking flush. What will be his excuse when the Zips win the MAC? Let me guess, "Blind Luck" or how about "The rest of the league was down this year". The best way to silence the critics is by winning. Wining will also help to put butts in the seats. Maybe even couch potato, front running, Suckeye butts.

Hey Captain, I volunteer to go with you when it is time to kick this guy in the balls.

War Zips! War MAC Championship game at the Rubber Bowl this year!

:chair:

Guest Guest

Roger Brown Mistake Number One: Akron, while not OSU, is not a small school.

Roger Brown Mistake Number Two: Oh Wise One, please give an example of another former assistant who imposed a different system unsuccessfully. And who are the insiders whispering such things? Former coaches? Ellen Alexander

Roger Brown Mistake Number Three: I realize fully what a gem we have in Charlie, but certainly Mr. Brown realizes there are other offensive players who are NOT graduating this year. I do believe they'd like to learn the new offense as soon as possible. They're not chopped liver, they're not just supporting cast members, and as soon as they get the new offense the better.

Puleeze Mr. Brown, do yourself a favor - distance yourself from EA and do your own homework for a change rather than just regurgitating old lines.

The best of Roger Brown

1. Sources say that Ilgaskus has a career ending bone problem and will never play again. The Cavs go ballistic and 2 days later he apologizes for making it up.

2. Ronnie Belliard is a big fat tub of lard and several scouts say that he won't hit above 250 this year.

3. Insiders say that Paul Silas can't get along with anyone and will ruin the Cavs.

4. According to the most obscure website you can find, the Cavs/Browns,Indians, take you pick will finish . . .

5. Scources say that Mike Garland is very enthusiastic and will be a great recruiter. Honest, he did write that once.

6. Insiders say that Pete Ritzma will not be back next year. He had that one in there twice. What a scoop!

I love reading Roger but of all the reporters, he has the least credibility of anyone that I know. About 5% of what he says is accurate. I would not be surprised to see a blurb in the future, according to zipsnation.org, Drew Schifino is transferring to Akron.