Roo Zoo

RatFink

In this age of political correctness we are about tosee the demise of an extremely important elementof Akron Zips sports. The trashing (aka destruction)of the AK-Rowdies.Foolish at the extreme.If it works and it ain't broke, don't fix it.Roo Zoo has the makings of a five year old's mind.All the toughness and panache of a butter cookie.AK-Rowdies is hard hitting. AK-Rowdies makes a solid statement as to the tough guy image U of Zippybadly needs.Junk "Roo Poo".Students AK-Rowdies is yours. Do not let admin weeniesturn this rock solid foundation into peanut Butter.Roo Foo, my ass.

I wouldn't worry too much about the name of the section...you'll still hear the chants. It seems like every once in a while they come up with something stupid to "name" student sections. The precursor to the AK-Rowdies for basketball was "Zips Zoo." Similar? I think so! We do have that foundation now, bottom line. And if we keep winning and keep building dorms (on campus students tend to be more active in athletics events, being a commuter school in the pas HAS hurt the Zips support) and you will continue to see the excitement and participation expand, no matter what they name the section. GO ZIPS and see you Sept 23 from the front row of the 'Zoo. GO ZIPS!

RowdyZip wrote .............. It seems like every once in a while they come up with something stupid to "name" student sections.  ....  And if we keep winning and keep building dorms (on campus students tend to be more active in athletics events, being a commuter school in the pas HAS hurt the Zips support) and you will continue to see the excitement and participation expand, no matter what they name the section.  GO ZIPS and see you Sept 23 from the front row of the 'Zoo. GO ZIPS!
On campus students ARE more involved in everything on campus. :thumb: and don't forget ............ :screwks:

There is no way the "Roo Zoo" will be the new name of the AK-Rowdies. Most of the students don't even know about the change, and I doubt they will accept it. I don't care what they call the area we sit in. The students will still be AK-Rowdy, and to be honest I think Roo Zoo sounds better than the Student Section.

The new AD or the new UAM is probably just trying to put their own "mark" on things. I hope they sit back and watch for a year or so before shaking too much up. We need tradition around here, and just when it gets started (as in the last few years) we get a new administration that thinks they have to create tradition again. Please.