2006 Recruiting class

Buckzip

Ok, so how many of this years recruiting class will actually play for this team?We always have a high amount of academic casualties. Last year we recruited a great d-line class. None of them made it.So far we have lost Boone, a big loss. The big receiver, I can't remember his name, isn't listed. He was supposed to replace Sparks whom is gone.The center from Columbus that was so highly touted didn't make it.It is very frustrating that when we do get good recruits, a low percentage ever play for the Zips.

Here's a list:QB Sean HakesWR David HarveyWR Curtis BrownRB Aaris ReedOL Jason Sekinger (will count for this class)DL Dantley ClineDL Blake SmithDE Tevlin Petit-FrerLB Mickey BakerLB Shawn LemonDB Delvin DavisDB Wayne CobhamDB Amin KabirDB Dante BarnesK Igor Iveljicif I'm missing anyone let me knowReally disappointed that D.J. Henderson (the big WR) didn't make it up to Akron. Does anyone have the story behind it?

I had no idea that DJ Henderson didn't make it. That pretty much does it with most of our highly touted recruits. We've still got Reed and Harvey. But D.J.'s gone, Mark Jackson - the Center from Columbus is gone, Stoudemire - who looked like a beast on video is gone, Boone is gone. In the past we've also lost out on Antwon Hight, and another DL from Buchtel - can't remember his name. Tough.

I look at it this way though, I'm just glad we lost DJ Henderson, Mark Jackson, and Stoudemire RATHER THAN David Harvey, Aaris Reed, and Sean Hakes. Those three are so important to our near future where as the first three can be replaced in the next class. It's alot harder to find special skills players like Harvey, Reed, and Hakes than it is to find a tall WR with alot of upside, big DT with upside, and OL hasn't been an area we've had trouble recruiting as of late.

Anyone have an update on Curtis Brown?A brief google revealed the following news story from 22 July that indicated he was expected to make a full recovery .. some of his friends not being so lucky.Curtis Brown - 22 July UpdateAny word on his current health & whether he'll be in Akron this fall?Thanks.

Can confirm that Stoudemire graduated from high school, unlike Hight:http://lledit.us.publicus.com/apps/pbcs.dl...7/1214/CAMPUS25
Stoudamire submitted his paperwork and should be in Akron soon (if he already isn't here). He is not football-eligible for 2006. Good grades, and we will see him in 2007.

players who slo with akron last year not currently on akron's roster per gozips.comAndre Boone RBD.J. Henderson WRMark Jackson CShawn Lemon DLJerrel Stoudemire DLJacquain Williams LBDerron Smith LBi understand that akron needs to take chances on players with question marks with grades but 7 out of 24? i hope this isn't a trend (and i don't think it will be). Azipscrazy i have to disagree with you it is much harder for team in the mac to get big o and d lineman with any talent. most recruits that paly on the line are either undersized, projects, or are risks as far as grades go. :screwks:

Met Sean Hakes at Meet the Team Day this past Sunday. Awesome guy. Watched him throw a coulpe of nice passes (40 - 50 yds) for some kids in attendance. Good arm. Look forward to seeing him play in the near future. :thumb:

Met Sean Hakes at Meet the Team Day this past Sunday. Awesome guy. Watched him throw a coulpe of nice passes (40 - 50 yds) for some kids in attendance. Good arm. Look forward to seeing him play in the near future. :thumb:
Why is it that when people talk about the backup QB, they only mention jaqueman and jackson ?Is Hakes going to be redshirted ?

From what I've heard he'll be redshirting. BUT I have also heard that he is the most talented QB we've got, he just doesn't know the offense enough to burn a redshirt this year, to only see limited playing time behind Getsy. It sounds like he'll be our starter come this time next year and we'll have a back-up with some playing experience whether it's Jacquamain or Jackson (not a bad situation to be in).

D.J. Henderson WR - grade casualty, parents did not want to pay for a semesterMark Jackson C - JUCOShawn Lemon DL- not sure Jerrel Stoudemire DL- On Campus. prop 48Jacquain Williams LB- JUCODerron Smith LB - not sureThe JUCO guys they are still keeping in contact with and they are supposed to still be headed to Akron. Although as we know that can change...

D.J. Henderson WR - grade casualty, parents did not want to pay for a semesterMark Jackson C - JUCOShawn Lemon DL- not sure Jerrel Stoudemire DL- On Campus. prop 48Jacquain Williams LB- JUCODerron Smith LB - not sureThe JUCO guys they are still keeping in contact with and they are supposed to still be headed to Akron. Although as we know that can change...
Derron Smith and Henderson are both non-qualifiers. Both are hoped to be with the team in 2007. To my knowledge Jackson is attending a prep school. As of a few weeks ago, Lemon was on campus. I assume he's still here...I haven't been told otherwise.

Lemon is now showing on the roster @ gozips.com.Also there are a few new names listed. I am guess these are walkons.Walked by practice yesterday and there were several starters sitting out watching. Hopefully in 2 weeks all will be ready for action.