Marketing & Promotions

skip-zip

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Way more positive and realistic, than negative (less than a handful). And you are only seeing members that post, as opposed to the many members that just read ZN. 

I agree there has been way more positive than negative, especially after the great start to the MAC season. I'd say there has been more than 5+ negative people over the course of the regular season, but that is neither here nor there. A lot of times your most cynical people are also your most vocal. 

I just find it pretty hard to believe that people are looking up quotes from the YSU thread and no one reposted this kernel of wisdom.

Although this was certainly a disappointing loss, the first regular season game in College Basketball means absolutely nothing.  I would like to see the same level of concern on this board when the football team loses games that matter to teams they shouldn't lose to.

:rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, K92 said:

I just find it pretty hard to believe that people are looking up quotes from the YSU thread and no one reposted this kernel of wisdom.

:rolleyes:

Sorry K92, I bypassed it as people get their panties in a bunch every time I state my feelings about the state of our football program. I've been doing my best to avoid the football section entirely, successfully I may add, since I had my fanhood questioned for stating an opinion I feel the general public would agree with.

Edited by kreed5120

This spring, the Zips will broadcast some of their softball games, and Williams said they've tried to come up with a way to showcase their successful women's swimming program, but the length of the meets complicates live-streaming efforts.

Men's and women's basketball are ESPN3 staples for the MAC. After that, each school can configure its broadcast schedule however it wants, as long as it reaches the 35-event minimum. This year, Bowling Green showed two men's and two women's soccer matches, and it produced volleyball broadcasts in each of the last two seasons.

Incredible that we have the most successful Mens soccer team in the MAC, and BUGS is the school broadcasting soccer.

3 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

This spring, the Zips will broadcast some of their softball games, and Williams said they've tried to come up with a way to showcase their successful women's swimming program, but the length of the meets complicates live-streaming efforts.

Men's and women's basketball are ESPN3 staples for the MAC. After that, each school can configure its broadcast schedule however it wants, as long as it reaches the 35-event minimum. This year, Bowling Green showed two men's and two women's soccer matches, and it produced volleyball broadcasts in each of the last two seasons.

Incredible that we have the most successful Mens soccer team in the MAC, and BUGS is the school broadcasting soccer.

I'm pretty sure the plan is to broadcast soccer too.

My comment was meant along the lines that it seemed bizarre to me that men's soccer was not mentioned by Larry Williams. I would hope that our AD mentioned and is planning to broadcast men's soccer matches. My biggest problem is that our Ath Dept seems to take men's soccer for granted for some reason...don't want to appear they are favoring it? Think that it sells itself? I can say firsthand that Caleb Porter was frustrated when he left with the lack of marketing, and I have seen no sign of improvement with the new administrators.

Edited by Zip_ME87

And talking about Zips Mens Soccer in any publication is a great recruiting tool. Crains Cleveland provided another outlet that UA seems to have let go by. It seems that the soccer world has been applauding our student-athletes turned pro and our program, but that the UA Athletic Dept, except Zips Mens Soccer, could not care less.