2015 Spring Schedule

4-1 crew at the half. Not sure what lineup Crew has in but the twitter account mentioned Kamara scored one of the goals, so it sounds like they have some top guys in (they don't play this weekend).

Akron starting lineup: https://twitter.com/ZipsMSoc/status/578963867147042816

Second half lineup: https://twitter.com/ZipsMSoc/status/578977746518425600

Thanks.

And wow, was that even with the split squad?

Game vs Walsh as noted above had Souders and Laryea but it was a split squad.

Souders and Laryea did not travel to Columbus. The Crew had all but one of their starters in the first half, I believe, They completely substituted at half. So, the Zips who worked their butts off in the first half to keep up with MLS starters played a fresh MLS team in the 2nd half with few subs due to the split squad. Although the final score may not have reflected it, the Zips represented well vs the Crew.

BTW, the Zips won the aggragate 7-6 on the day. I really like how these Zips are coming together. Keep working hard guys!

• 2 weeks later...

holding an elite team scoreless for 48 minutes...while playing 9 vs. 11.....shows a tremendous amount of tenacity ....

Will be interesting to read comments from Jared...and also from zips fans that made the trip to the Ville....

very good result after dealing with much adversity

Down 2, the "9" were still attacking as well as defending. Should have had a PK on a flagrant (obvious to everyone except the ref who a short while afterward "lost" a contact lens) handball in the penalty area. Zips also had a number of other good chances. Most of the last 15 minutes seemed to be a barrage of Carinals attempts at goal, but the "9" Zips' defense was outstanding.

Very impressive work by the "9" (not actually 9 since there were subs). Also impressive Richie Laryea's goal when the Zips were down 1 man.

EDIT: Someone behind me commented the Zips must be so agressive because Lolla used to be our coach and he's been so successful at Louisville. I turned around and said absolutely not. The Zips won a National Championship after he left. How many has Louisville won in his 9 seasons here?

• Like 4