Toledo @ Akron 2-18-15

The Hip Zip

This whole Toledo/Akron thing is starting to remind me of that string of major losses to OU a few years ago. They just played great against us and carried the swagger and momentum into the next matchup. Toledo has now spanked us at each other's venue the last two meetings. It needs to end. And just like the way we started to switch on the ball screens up top vs. Cooper when we started to get the edge on OU, we need to trust that Keith will come up with a way to take this group of Toledo personnel out of their game, and turn this thing around.

The sad part is that the Zero temp. tomorrow night is going to leave a lot of no-shows in the bottom part of the arena. On a night when we will surely need all the help we can get.

This whole Toledo/Akron thing is starting to remind me of that string of major losses to OU a few years ago. They just played great against us and carried the swagger and momentum into the next matchup. Toledo has now spanked us at each other's venue the last two meetings. It needs to end. And just like the way we started to switch on the ball screens up top vs. Cooper when we started to get the edge on OU, we need to trust that Keith will come up with a way to take this group of Toledo personnel out of their game, and turn this thing around.

The sad part is that the Zero temp. tomorrow night is going to leave a lot of no-shows in the bottom part of the arena. On a night when we will surely need all the help we can get.

You don't have to worry about them. They (for the most part) sit there motionless, emotionless and quiet anyways. :lol:

Yeah, don't worry about the people down low....they are the biggest boosters of athletics for the U of A. Without them there, we'd see 1,500 supportive students in attendance....on a "record night".

Who cares how much they give to athletics? With or without them there it really doesn't make a difference to the game. They're about as quiet as the morgue.

Zips favored by two and a half.

Go Zips dot com preview

Television: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel & ESPN3. I'm assuming ESPN3 will be blacked out again.

Four players are scoring in double figures, including Julius Brown (16.4 ppg), Justin Drummond (13.2 ppg), J.D. Weatherspoon (12.5 ppg) and Jonathan Williams (10.9 ppg). Weatherspoon leads the team in rebounding (7.8 rpg).

Zips favored by two and a half.

Go Zips dot com preview

Television: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel & ESPN3. I'm assuming ESPN3 will be blacked out again.

Four players are scoring in double figures, including Julius Brown (16.4 ppg), Justin Drummond (13.2 ppg), J.D. Weatherspoon (12.5 ppg) and Jonathan Williams (10.9 ppg). Weatherspoon leads the team in rebounding (7.8 rpg).

I've always been at these "blacked out" games, so fortunately it hasn't been an issue for me. Who exactly is blacked out? Satellite subscribers and/or other non-TWC customers?

Believe that these time warner games usually show up as a ESPN full court pkg offering.as well. Still think it is really, really, really, really, really stupid to eliminate 50+ % of Zip fans from watching at home. I'm just a damn dummy so maybe I don't get it but where is the logic in this??

update on Deji anybody.. practice yesterday??

Yeah anyone that doesn't get TWC and living in the Akron Market trying to watch on ESPN3 gets blacked out.

Thanks. It would be interesting to see the actual viewership numbers in terms of what they lose in the area from ESPN3 when blacked out versus what they gain on TWC. It's bad to lose any potential viewers. They probably get more money regardless.

Believe that these time warner games usually show up as a ESPN full court pkg offering.as well. Still think it is really, really, really, really, really stupid to eliminate 50+ % of Zip fans from watching at home. I'm just a damn dummy so maybe I don't get it but where is the logic in this??

It's on the Full Court package. 722 DirecTv.

I'm not sure if its due to me not being in NE Ohio but I am usually able to watch on ESPN3 when its a TWCSC game. I did get blacked out, though, when it was part of the Full Court PPV package though. I'll take a look at tip time tonight again and see if I can find a way to view. If not, it will be just audio for me as I can't see buying the entire package just to watch a game here and there.

Deji Ibitayo is nursing a sore back

There seems to be a kryptonite opponent in the MAC for every team -- a school they just don't match up well against. For Toledo it's Can't State; for Can't State it's Buffalo; for Bowling Green, it's the Zips; and for the Zips it's Toledo.

203715-188412-kryptonite.jpg

EA trumping GT on a comic book reference!?!? Will GT dress up in a costume tonight to overcome, stay tuned...