Toledo @ Akron 2-18-15

The Hip Zip

Deji missed the EMU game with reported back spasms, which could affect his game tonight if he plays. Noah missed practice with reported flu-like symptoms, which could also affect his game if he plays. Having 2 of the Zips' 4 guards questionable against Toledo is a real gut punch. Toledo will have no sympathy.

I hate to say this but any kind of basketball we play tonight exceeds what this fan base deserves. My buddy called me from Texas saying " I thought this was a big game for you guys" referring to the turnout

You can tell its not a sellout, but I wouldn't say the crowd looks disappointing on TV.

Antino is playing amazing. Aaron has hit some big shots off the bench. I wouldn't mind Aaron getting some more of Kwan's minutes really. Its great to have Deji back..but shooting horrible from the 3 outside of the Jackson boys. Also missing way too many bunnies. Have a feeling the wheels fall off in the 2nd, but I hope I'm wrong!

Nice shot by Juice. Walters defended well. Great team effort overall and it was nice to see some guys seriously step up tonight. Walters even provided some quality minutes. However, I cannot support Deji sitting during the last few minutes in any way possible.

I'm tired of losing to Toledo.

Personally I thought it was a dumb move to put Walters on Juice. When I saw Walters sub-in, I knew the shot was going in. I'm tired of losing to Toledo.

If anyone wants to know why attendance is down, we lose games that matter in our own conference. It's boring to watch the Zips beat up on teams that we always beat up on, and it really, really, really sucks to lose to teams we need to beat.

• Like 2

The bad news is that is that was our 5th conference loss. Outside of that first loss to Toledo, we've had our chances to win each of those other games. In those other four losses, we've lost by a combined nine points. We just need to find a way to consistently hit a big shot at the end of the game. Today, Juice Brown did exactly that. Everyone knew he was going to get the ball, and yet he still managed to hit the game winner for Toledo.

Not in the cards for a top 4 seed this year I think. Who knows, maybe make a run from a lower seed in the tourny. I am not too ticked off tonight, playing without our PG up against the favorite in the league. (sucks losing to UT all the time though)

I really wish Jake and Reggie could knock down the three with some consistency. The team has had a horrible shooting time of it the last couple of games

I do not understand what KD is thinking when he did not have Deji out there the last 3 minutes. He is the second leading scorer, can drive to the basket, has senior experience and is very good defensively. We did not score the last 3 minutes. When I saw the lineup of Kwan, Pat, Reggie, Jake and Antino there was no question that the ball was going to Pat down low. They double teams him and he missed a hard shot.

The last shot by Juice was a fade away 15 footer with a hand in his face. He made a great shot.

Tough loss at home but at least we did not get blown out. When they were up by 10 I did not know if we could come back. At least we showed some fight.

• Like 1

The bad news is that is that was our 5th conference loss. Outside of that first loss to Toledo, we've had our chances to win each of those other games. In those other four losses, we've lost by a combined nine points. We just need to find a way to consistently hit a big shot at the end of the game. Today, Juice Brown did exactly that. Everyone knew he was going to get the ball, and yet he still managed to hit the game winner for Toledo.

This is the difference between an experienced team like Toledo and our youth. Things could be worse though...we are deep and now even have a walk-on who can contribute.

I am not one to complain about officiating, but I thought there were a handful of questionable calls and they all went in Toledo's favor. If those are more balanced, most of ZNO is probably singing our high praise and antcipating a MACC. Overall, the game was very even and in spite of Toledo beating us twice, I like our chances against them in Cleveland. May the best team win.