Toledo over Miami(OH)

Western Michigan over Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan over Toledo

Western Michigan over Buffalo
Akron over Eastern Michigan

Western Michigan over Ohio
Ball State over Akron

Ball State over Western Michigan

It will be interesting to see how far this group can go in the tournament, with so many new parts this year. I think it's amazing that they are the #3 seed. Jodi has obviously done a fine job.

It's great that we didn't end up in OUs bracket. That gives us a fighting chance to get to the final.

2nd round is in the books. Here's the matchups for tomorrow:

#5 Western Michigan vs #4 Buffalo, Noon ET

#6 Eastern Michigan vs #3 Akron, 2:30 ET

Hope the men's win tonight, and people show up earlier tomorrow to support the women's team if possible.

By the way, my predictions are now 6-0 :tomato:

I finally took my first loss in my predictions, and it was a big one. Buffalo beats Western Michigan 63-60. Lady Zips will be starting in about 10-15 minutes.

Game should be on 1350 AM for those that can't make it up before the men's game tonight.

Good for the ladides having such a great season after losing so many in the off season. But if I'm not mistaken, EMU lost a couple of it's player's earlier in the season. After that happened the team changed...for the better. EMU won 9 of it's last 10 games, they had a little more to play for I think.

Goodluck to the Eagles, and thanks to the Lady Zips for a fun season!

Exactly, Balsy. I was worried about this one. I wish them the best of luck. Whoever wins the Ball State-Eastern Michigan game will be the team I'm rooting for in the MAC Championship game. I've lost teammates close to me during a season before, and it's something that you either pack it in or you rise and dedicate the season to your lost teammate(s). Obviously, Eastern Michigan has been playing incredible in the past month or so. I hope they make it to the NCAA tourney and do some damage. Brady Sallee does an amazing job wherever he goes, and he runs the Ball State program the right way.

As for the Lady Zips, I think they will go to the WNIT. The MAC usually gets anywhere from 2-5 teams in the WNIT. This is a tough loss, but with a young team and the mission and purpose that Eastern Michigan was playing with, this result didn't really shock me. Hopefully this will be a teaching moment for them, and they work even harder in the offseason.

Just hoping Coach Kest is still here. With Mack taking the AD job at Missouri, I'm now a little worried about her leaving for that program.