Zips vs Buffalo 3-14-15 (MAC Tourney Rnd 4)

Hilltopper

Anybody happen to watch "I Hate Christian Latettner" an ESPN 30 for 30 film last night?

Bobby Hurley was interviewed multiple times in his UB gear. Nice job by Rory Karpf. :thumb:

I sure did. It wasn't as good as the best college basketball 30 for 30, Survive and Advance but very well done nonetheless.

You can add me into the Duke hater class, but I despised Hurley on that team, not Laettner. 25 years later, Hurley is still a punk.

Go Mountaineers!!!

Anybody happen to watch "I Hate Christian Latettner" an ESPN 30 for 30 film last night?

Bobby Hurley was interviewed multiple times in his UB gear. Nice job by Rory Karpf. :thumb:

52cbe8d8856521c64231c8b45b576bde.jpg

I sure did. It wasn't as good as the best college basketball 30 for 30, Survive and Advance but very well done nonetheless.

You can add me into the Duke hater class, but I despised Hurley on that team, not Laettner. 25 years later, Hurley is still a punk.

Go Mountaineers!!!

I watched it too. It really shows the pedigree and connections that Hurley has at his disposal. I would bet that he will last no more than next season season at Buffalo before he moves on to bigger pastures.

Jay Bilas

12 Buffalo over 5 West Virginia: The Mountaineers press and force turnovers and do a nice job on the offensive glass. But this is a 5-versus-12 game, and Bobby Hurley's Buffalo team can break pressure to score. Remember, Buffalo played well at Rupp against Kentucky and was not at all scared. Buffalo pulls the upset here.

Jay Bilas

12 Buffalo over 5 West Virginia: The Mountaineers press and force turnovers and do a nice job on the offensive glass. But this is a 5-versus-12 game, and Bobby Hurley's Buffalo team can break pressure to score. Remember, Buffalo played well at Rupp against Kentucky and was not at all scared. Buffalo pulls the upset here.

Imagine that, a former Duke basketball player endorsing a former Duke basketball player.

What are the odds?

I know most people tend to focus on the big names, or lack thereof, on the out of conference schedule but I tend to think of it from the opposite end. Sure, I'd like to see another bigger name opponent or two on our schedule to try to notch 'quality wins' but to me the bigger issue is just how lowly ranked some of the teams the Zips play in the JAR are. More than anything else I just want to see the Zips quit hosting so many of these 300+ RPI teams, even if they are just swapping them out for middle of the road teams in true mid-major MAC-like conferences or top teams in low-major conferences.

If they do need to play teams farther down the totem pole than that maybe they should consider occasionally playing them on the road, that at least would be more of a team building exercise and slightly more beneficial with respect to stats like RPI than just hosting some of the worst squads in all of D-1 college basketball.

I'd like to see another bigger name opponent or two on our schedule to try to notch 'quality wins'

I don't even care if they "win" those games. It's just a great time to play a more talented team. It shows our players, and staff, how hard they need to work the rest of the season if the goal is to win an NCAA tournament game. That will be the type of team you will be playing in the tournament. Winning at the right time is the most important thing. Quality, not quantity. We got 21 wins, woopty doo. I'd rather have 19 and be playing tomorrow. I understand that with all the circumstances this year, the ncaa tournament was not possible, but it still wasn't a good schedule if everything did go "right." Our AD should be burning up his cell battery right now making this happen. Give us a schedule to succeed! Tired of being a paper champion.

I don't even need to see a Virginia. I'd be happy with teams we previously played like Creighton or Rhode Island, rather than teams like Coppin State. I don't expect Big 10 and ACC teams to rush to play UA, but quality mid-majors should be an option.

+1. I almost posted earlier this a.m. that I'd like to see some A-10 schools on the schedule.

Are you more impressed by the leader of the free world picking UB to beat WV? Or you just don't like UB no matter who picks them?

Actually, my point was that it's hardly a surprise that Jay Bilas would endorse Bobby Hurley.

He even hates people who hate Christian Laetner.

But, now that BO has picked Buffalo, I may pick the other way, based on his stellar track record.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/ncaa-march-madness-obama-bracket-20150318