Thoughts on postseason opportunities

GJGood

Tree is 30-55 (54.5%) from the free throw line and 74-142 (52.1%) from the field. He's considered a reserve forward, playing 6th most minutes per game, but leads Estudiantes Concordia in rebounding (8.1 per game) and is second leading scorer (12.7 points per game). Pretty much what you'd expect from Tree. (stats at this link)

We should have accepted the invite as I believe we have yet to earn the right to turn down anything espscially a tourney that lightweight came into existence on the strength of us getting screwed.

I really hope there was no thought that Akron is somehow above these tourneys. I am of the belief that the decision had to do more with having injured players and off the court family and health issues for KD himself than about any entitlement issues.

I still think we could have accepted even without playing the injured and having one of the assistants take over if KD needed to take some time if he couldn't be there. I get the decision and won't criticize them much for making it (this was one tough year in a lot of ways) even though I still think they could've gone the other way and been just fine too.

I really hope there was no thought that Akron is somehow above these tourneys. I am of the belief that the decision had to do more with having injured players and off the court family and health issues for KD himself than about any entitlement issues.

I can't remember the exact phrasing Dambrot used in the post game show after the Buffalo loss, but yes, he indicated that he thought the program had surpassed such tournaments. But he gave more reasons than just that, mostly tired and beat up. He did say multiple times that he would check to see how the team felt also. As I stated before, taking all things that transpired this year, I think he made the correct decision.

LTU fans are pretty concerned that Coach Mike White won't be around much longer as he's one of the hottest young head coaches in the country. LTU gave him his first head coaching position in 2011, and in his first four seasons he's already won 100 games. This is his third straight appearance in the NIT. He'll likely get a big money offer from a high-major conference school within a year or two.

LTU fans are pretty concerned that Coach Mike White won't be around much longer as he's one of the hottest young head coaches in the country. LTU gave him his first head coaching position in 2011, and in his first four seasons he's already won 100 games. This is his third straight appearance in the NIT. He'll likely get a big money offer from a high-major conference school within a year or two.

Again, based on a half hour sampling...hustling defense with fantastic offensive movement away from the ball seemed to work for a LOT of very good looks at the hoop. I didn't get a quality look at their half court offense. CMU played right into their hands too often after beating the press.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else watch how our archrival's season ended last night? It was quite a game. It has been a long time since I have team up five with 30 seconds left in overtime end up losing, especially when the losing team only missed one free throw the entire game. Northern Arizona had a steal and a blocked shot in the last 30 seconds that led to two layups. Simply unbelievable.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/2015/2015-round3-Can't State-nau-recap.pdf