UB vs WV (Mac in The Big Dance)

Dr Z

Who will win  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will be a couple miles from this game, but I will be at the Jerome Schottenstein Center for the OHSAA Girls Basketball State Tournament. My high school alma mater made it to the Final Four in Division II(game is 3pm on Friday), and I know a couple of the coaches in that program. Traffic is going to be rough those few days. I'll be hoping for a Buffalo upset.

Buffalo 72
WVU 68

No guarantee they would've gotten the same pairing but how awesome would it have been if Akron had won the title and drew former head coach Huggins and the Mountaineers just down I-71?

I bet we would have had some fun. :rock: Missed opportunity. :(

Currently EMU is down 16 early in the second half at Louisiana-Monoe. CMU lost at La Tech in the NIT last night. Western Michigan got absolutely drilled 86-57 by Cleveland State in Kalamazoo in the CiT. With Toledo and Akron declining their postseason opportunities, if the EMU score holds the MAC will be down to only Buffalo in the NCAA and Can't State, which won 68-56 over Middle Tennessee down in the Blue Raiders arena tonight.

We got what many thought at the time a nice draw against VCU. We were a 12 seed and basically had home court advantage. We lost by 50.

With Carmelo Betancourt and Nick Harney handling point guard, I don't remember anyone liking that draw. I don't think anyone expected the absolute beating we received, but I don't remember anyone thinking we'd win either.

In that VCU game we also had a team which, was stricken by the flu bug and the opposing coach was much more familiar with what Akron does than just about any other coach in the nation would be. I honestly think that year it was the absolute worst possible draw Akron could've gotten.

I also liked drawing Notre Dame for the matchup possibilities but I did think it was a slap in the face to the entire MAC that the conference champ was a 15 seed, especially since it was the year after OU went to the sweet 16.

No knowledgeable Zips fan thought that VCU was a nice draw in the NCAA tournament. Facing VCU's havoc defense with the Zips star point guard (Alex Abreu) lost to the team was a nightmare draw. And then it got worse. Starting shooting guard Brian Walsh was so sick with the flu that he could barely move on the court for 9 scoreless and ineffective minutes. Backup center Pat Forsythe was so sick with the flu that he only lasted 3 scoreless and ineffective minutes. Backup shooting guard Deji Ibitayo had back spasms so bad he missed the game completely.

• Like 1