NCAA Tournament

Dr Z

Just some Iowa State bracket facts from Yahoo:

96 percent of brackets featured Iowa State winning its matchup

78 percent picked Iowa State to win its second game and advance to the Sweet Sixteen

38 percent picked the Cyclones to reach the Elite Eight

15.8 percent picked them to reach the Final Four

7 percent of brackets had Iowa State going to the championship

1 percent who had Iowa State winning it all

At least Iowa State an Baylor were nice enough to lose early to remove the suspense of my bracket being possibly successful.

I don't know if anybody reads Dave Turley or not (I'm not endorsing), but here is one quote from his pay site.

"...bet the odds to win the regional instead of the odds to win the whole thing. The reason for this is if your team gets to the Final Four and you want to hedge, you're gonna be paying a huge price to hedge with Kentucky on the money line. Teams I would consider: Iowa State at 9-2 to win the South and Baylor at 10-1 to win the West."

Some Vegas "insider" ;) :rofl:

Can't wait for todays upsets.

One measure of how unpredictable the first day of this year's tournament was compared to last year's is the number of perfect ballots in ESPN's Tournament Challenge going into the second day. This year, out of 11.57 million entries, only 273 were perfect at the end of the first day. Last year 18,471 of 11 million entries were perfect, more than 67 times as many as this year.

Link

Surprised by the N Iowa / 'Ville game. The Panthers were really just never in it. Thug U advances.

Me too, my brackets took a hit here.

Wonder if anyone from the Wichita State Athletic Department tweeted "we are all Team Kansas" today? # TeamKansas

Right. How about Kansas tweeting a congrats to the Shockers? #TeamKansas
Kansas scared to play Shockers. Nice try Rock Chalk Talk.

When Can't played State Ohio University this year in football, I wonder if our Governor was wearing a Can't/OSU shirt? #TeamOhio

That's another good observation, besides the Team Ohio crap. I saw the Kansas Governor also. It's frustrating to see that a state like Kansas understands this, and Ohio doesn't.

And I wonder how many times the Kansas honks that float around that state have probably told the poor old Wichita State fans that they just can't dethrone the state's chosen team.

• Like 1

Not me. And Louisville is not even playing well. The surprise to me is that so many of you felt so highly of NIU, and I have stated it previously.

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. :lol: UNI was every bit as good as Wichita State over the course of the season. Wichita State happened to outplay Kansas in one game and Louisville happened to outplay UNI in one game. Doesn't confirm to the rest of the world that UNI was as weak a team as it was in your mind.