Bobby Hurley

gozips19

At least one of their stars is transferring out. Looks like they are blocking him from following Bobby to Arizona State and all the schools close home. I remember thinking Evans was going to tear up the MAC the next couple of years.

That sucks! I liked his game. Blocking him from going anywhere outside of the MAC is low class.

Always hard to figure out from a distance exactly what happened in cases like this. Seems like this kind of thing happens a lot when a high-profile coach jumps to a new school. If UB loses any more of their best players they'll have a hard time staying at the top of the MAC. Anyway the part about blocking Evans from transferring to VCU, Old Dominion or Arizona State appears to be a false alarm.

UB gives Shannon Evans release to transfer to any school

Good move Buffalo, but I hope he changes his mind and stays at UB. Seems possible.

Evans said a return to UB remains a possibility. "I haven't ruled it out, not at all," he said. Evans still has three weeks of classes remaining in the spring semester. He was not sure of a timetable in making a decision. "I've got to take some visits," he said. "I've got to talk it over with my family. I want to talk to my high school coach and make a good decision for myself."

• 8 months later...

I hate to say it but I think that Hurley will be a success at ASU. They've had a solid season up to this point with a win over top-25 Texas A&M already and Bobby has already reeled in two top-100 4-stars for 2016 and another for 2017. I suspect they'll be a player in the PAC 12 before long.

I hate to say it but I think that Hurley will be a success at ASU. They've had a solid season up to this point with a win over top-25 Texas A&M already and Bobby has already reeled in two top-100 4-stars for 2016 and another for 2017. I suspect they'll be a player in the PAC 12 before long.

I have always thought that Hurley is a good coach, he just happens to also be one of the world's biggest man-childs.

He's a man in his 40s who is still outwardly showing his spoiled child past.

It's amazing what college athletics programs will put up with if they can win more games. We see it everywhere. They certainly knew what they were getting before they hired him, just like Tressel, Myer, Harbaugh, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...