Penn State Thread

Yea, I saw this last night. In general, they know very little about us. I think someone pointed out that they thought our coach was from OSU and that we will have no running game since Hendry was gone. Bet they would be more fired up once they figure out he's from Pitt. From what little I saw of Ringer, he could make things happen. Anyway, they still see it as a gimme game. I don't think it will be as much of a gimme as the last time we played them but we will have to bring our A game to win.

I don't have high hopes for pulling off the upset. With it being the first game under the new system, it could get ugly if we start making a lot of errors. In general we will be expected to be a push over. To our advantage we will be underestimated (hopefully overlooked even for the BC game) and there will be no game film to look at. Still, I think we will make it interesting at some point.

I figure all the bugs will be worked out and we'll be firing on all cylinders when we get our revenge against Smokey McSmokavitch at Dix.

Guest Guest_racer

luckily form us we have number 5 under center. the o line is back which is another good point. i know some people thought our o line wasn't that good ;but i thought they did a good job for the most part.i dont think this team will be rattled at all because of these facts. if the denfense can just step from last year we should be ok going into this game.

Hi Slugs..........

Just back for a few then OTR again, so I'm catching up (the pitiful little there is to catch up on).........

Hey, one of you old timers.............tell us how it was when LO arrived. How was it during this comparable time period. What did he inherit compared to JD. Who did he open against.............how long before he got a W. Who were his returning stars etc.

Thanks in advance.

Oh Dudie...........been missing me much? :rolltide:

Hi Slugs..........

Hey, one of you old timers.............tell us how it was when LO arrived. How was it during this comparable time period. What did he inherit compared to JD. Who did he open against.............how long before he got a W. Who were his returning stars etc.

I've wanted to reply to this one, but things have been too damn busy...still are.

The "quickie" response is: JD is walking into Shangrila compared to Owens.

Faust's team went 1-10 prior to Lee's arrival (only 2 seasons prior, he went 7-3-1?)

The team was outscored something like 400-145! No loss was even by single digits. The loss to YSU (1-AA) was by 34 or 35!!

He also was coming off the heels of Mike Clark's arrest for selling crushed aspirin as coke, and Marcus Reliford breaking ito an off campus apartment.

The best players he handed to LO were:

Nate Boyd (lb), Jason Taylor and Mack Warren (who sold crack our of his dorm, and subsequently had to transfer where all felons transfer....to Jim Corrigal at Can't State.)

Gotta go.!