I am Hearing Stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

KeeprOFtheHous

First Energy, Summa, or Acme?
Acme Stadium! :cheers: Thats even better than the RUBBER Bowl!
I have no clue who it is, but of those on the sign, this is the order of likelyhood in my opinion based on the current economic situations of those companies, their advertising patterns, and hunch:First EnergySummaAcmeGoodyearFirst MeritCorporations like McDonalds and Pepsi wouldn't buy naming rights except potentially in a town where they are headquartered (and obviously, they aren't headquartered in Akron). Goodyear could for reasons along those lines, but their presence here isn't as strong as it once was, and their economic situation is rough. Although, I could see them doing it for pride (hell, the donated the rubber bowl back in better years, 5mill isn't so bad).I could have seen First Merit doing it a few years ago, but I think their economic situation is not the best it's ever been. Acme could very well do it, and they probably have the money and the hometown pride, but I see Summa and First Energy being more likely. First energy has the money for it. 5 mill? No problem. They advertise like mad! This is their HQ area.... and, they are always looking to pump their image, so buying naming rights to the stadium definately fits theri profile.In fact, if First Energy was smart, they would donate the extra 30 million needed to make it a domed stadium and sponsor a NCAA bowl game.lol, Summa stadium rolls of the tongue better though.

If I remember correctly the coaches told us it was being named after a friend of the program who was involved in sales of some kind. Sounded like he was a pretty wealthy guy from up around Akron. I do remember one of the coaches saying that he was developing some golf courses as well.

If I remember correctly the coaches told us it was being named after a friend of the program who was involved in sales of some kind. Sounded like he was a pretty wealthy guy from up around Akron. I do remember one of the coaches saying that he was developing some golf courses as well.
Hey Zipdad... does the name Tom Knoll ring a bell? He is on the of Summa and was instrumental in getting the new "First Tee" program started in Akron and is a Zip supporter.Knoll Field?

Hey Zipdad... could you tell us a bit about the plans you saw while they were recruiting your son?Also, the dire necessity of a new stadium was impressed on me once again just this past weekend. Last Saturday I went to Fawcett Stadium to see a high school game and the revovations that they've made to Fawcett make it a pretty nice facilty and a much nicer, fan-friendlier (?) facility than the Rubber Bowl. I grew up about 5 minutes from the Rubber Bowl, but darn it, the facility is a downright embarassment. When people from Canton come to a Zips game, they have to be thinking, "Man, my high school kid plays in a nicer facility than this!" We desperately need a new facility!