New transfer: RB Tyreek Hill

So he wouldn't be able to play this year? How does that work if you were kicked out of a program? Transfer rules still apply?

Sports media guy at OSU writes that he is immediately available. We should find out Saturday for sure.

1. @RobertW_OkSt @OrangePowerCom immediately available.

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

I can't believe no one is talking about the elephant in the room.

Demetrius Treadwell was almost immediately suspended on a domestic violence accusation but it's ok to bring in a transfer football player who has not only been charged with domestic violence but a judge thought there was enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Embarrassing.

Demetrius Treadwell was almost immediately suspended on a domestic violence accusation but it's ok to bring in a transfer football player who has not only been charged with domestic violence but a judge thought there was enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Embarrassing.

Disgusting for sure and embarrassing. However, he wouldn't be the 1st player Bowden has brought in with similar issues (see Chapman). He has been punished and all we can really do is hope he learned his lesson. I have to defer to TB's judgement due to the fact that all of his 2nd chance guys have stayed out of trouble.

Embarrassing.

Don't forget Quincy Diggs.

Embarrassing.

Let's be honest here...Bowden is desperate to find a playmaker on offense. He knows that his job and hence his career is on the line. The real question is, why "wouldn't" he take the risk knowing this? The guy knows that he has to win big and win big fast.

Coach Bowden's home for misfit boys brings another one to the fold. To date, there have been no problems with the second chance kids. As long as that continues, I think most are willing to give a young man a second chance on life. Chapman's issue truly seemed like an anomaly, from what I have read. We will have to wait and see how this young man handles himself. I don't think it is hypocritical to dismiss Treadwell and take this kid. The punishment was being dismissed from the team. If the behavior warrants shunning from other teams, that should come from the NCAA.

If you watch any footage, this kid can catch, better than anyone we currently have. He is explosive and can take a hit and hold onto the ball. A dual threat RB and a dual threat QB could tear up the MAC.

• Like 1

If you watch any footage, this kid can catch, better than anyone we currently have. He is explosive and can take a hit and hold onto the ball. A dual threat RB and a dual threat QB could tear up the MAC.

He looks like the type of RB that Bowden and Co have been wanting, and wanted Chisholm to be. We could certainly use his Return abilities at the very least. Hopefully he can come here with the right attitude and use this chance to boost a chance at the NFL. I trust Bowden's ability to bring in players worthy of a second chance.

It's a disservice to merely call Tyreek fast. He's one of the fastest players in football. His 200-meter time of 20.14 in 2012 was just .01 second off the national HS record of 20.13 set in 1985. His 100-meter time of 9.98 in the 2013 NJCCA championship is only .4 seconds off Usain Bolt's world record of 9.58 seconds. He reportedly clocked a 40-yard dash time of 4.25 seconds at a Nike Sparq Camp. Dri Archer's 40-yard time at the NFL Combine was 4.26 seconds. Tyreek is a rocket.

Let's be honest here...

Okay. Coach has a history of success at the highest level in a similar situation. Coach gave Janoris Jenkins another chance at Northern Alabama after being arrested three times in a 23 month span, and getting kicked out of Florida. Janoris kept his nose clean in Alabama, and now plays on Sundays for the Rams. No two cases are completely alike, but I would guess with NFL aspirations, Tyreek was influenced by the success of Janoris with coach. Here is to hoping Tyreek keeps his nose clean, and follows a similar path.

PS Hill should be pretty familiar with our first opponent's stadium.

I do not see any way he would be eligible this season unless he graduated. If someone knows something I don't please enlighten me. I know what the OK St guy said, but articles are saying he will have to sit out.

edit: after some searching it looks like he went to Garden City Juco after being kicked off of OSU. So you'd assume he would be eligible, but the article I read was dated in December. Not a whole year...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/15/bowling-green-suspends-cb-accused-in-on-campus-assault-of-woman/

So it seems like the college rule is if it is your student athlete you discipline suspend/kick him off your team but if it is another school's athlete you give him a 2nd chance. Do we seriously believe we can't rehabilitate our own athletes but we can rehabilitate another team's? This happens the same week Lawrence Phillips kills his cell mate and Jim Brown shows up at a Browns err Bowling Green uniform unveiling and nobody blinks an eye about his assault past.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/15/bowling-green-suspends-cb-accused-in-on-campus-assault-of-woman/

So it seems like the college rule is if it is your student athlete you discipline suspend/kick him off your team but if it is another school's athlete you give him a 2nd chance. Do we seriously believe we can't rehabilitate our own athletes but we can rehabilitate another team's? This happens the same week Lawrence Phillips kills his cell mate and Jim Brown shows up at a Browns err Bowling Green uniform unveiling and nobody blinks an eye about his assault past.

Its not just in college. Everyone knows Jim Brown is a piece of shit. A lot of people don't like him.

Okay. Coach has a history of success at the highest level in a similar situation. Coach gave Janoris Jenkins another chance at Northern Alabama after being arrested three times in a 23 month span, and getting kicked out of Florida. Janoris kept his nose clean in Alabama, and now plays on Sundays for the Rams. No two cases are completely alike, but I would guess with NFL aspirations, Tyreek was influenced by the success of Janoris with coach. Here is to hoping Tyreek keeps his nose clean, and follows a similar path.

PS Hill should be pretty familiar with our first opponent's stadium.

I am well aware of all this. I was simply stating why Bowden feels that he needs to take a risk on such a potential PR nightmare.