Oh, Cardale! You're so funny!

K92

Saying all or even most police are not heroes/are corrupt is as bad as saying all or even most African Americans are criminals.

Putting on a uniform (for which one is well paid) and strapping a gun to one's belt does not make one a hero. Actually doing heroic shit does, and I am gladly willing to acknowledge that when it happens, and far more often it's firefighters doing the real heroic shit than cops. What I refuse to buy into is this cult of authority and cult of the uniform that has taken hold in America where we are all supposed to NEVER question these brave men in uniform, these special Captain Americaesque heroes even if all they ever do is ride around giving speeding tickets in some out of the way burgh.

And I'll say it again. Any cop that helps maintain the blue wall of silence is a bad cop, a bad public servant and a bad employee of the taxpayers. In fact, he's a criminal. It's called perjury and obstruction of justice.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think the cops that lied to back up Tensing's statement should be indicted and prosecuted?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...