Game 1—Oklahoma

• I was impressed with Mayfield, once our starters got fatigued, he made some very nice decisions combined with an accurate arm. He seemed to make all the throws necessary to open up your playbook. This is not the case for our QBs. We are limited in effective routes at this time.

• Our defense is as good as advertised. Don't let the second half TD's get to you too much. That will be the deepest, most talented team we will play all year.

• Every piece of video I have seen from Jerome Lane was impressive for the small amount of time that he has practiced being a receiver.

• OU's skill players were also impressive. I can see why fans are excited about Mixon, he reminds me a little of LeVeon Bell how he stops, finds his destination, and accelerates. He has the unteachable instincts in the open field too. The receivers provided excellent blocking downfield on multiple occasions. I'll definitely check out another Sooner game this year.

Sooners still rollin', ranked fourth best team in the country by Sports Illustrated's Colin Becht.

What Saturday’s win over West Virginia demonstrated was the Sooners may have the full package. Led by linebacker Eric Striker and cornerback Jordan Thomas, the defense forced five turnovers while holding the Mountaineers to 4.3 yards per play.

Last week: Beat West Virginia 44–24
Next week: Saturday vs. Texas (in Dallas)