Game 1—Oklahoma

Saw some players at Summit mall today getting donations for an Akron AAU team. Nice to see them out in public, especially doing something for the community. They said they are feeling good about the season and pumped for the Oklahoma game.

• Like 1

Oklahoma has several Juco's on the offensive line, which surprises me. I would think they would be three deep of top talent all along the OL. I'm still concerned over our tackle positions, and wish we had both back from the 2013 year (Pughsley 6'5" 314, and Demhsaj 6'6" 331). Maybe Funk can work some magic this year with a newcomer or the players he has on the roster. Peterson seemed to have a problem with any guard or tackle on the OL that was under 6' 4" (McNamarra 6' 1"- now gone, and Casimos 6' 2" - both could play) - a big ten metric. I know Williams and Osborne are 6'3", but these guys had to play as we were, and are, thin (literally too) at these positions.

I'm not a Stoops fan, but he has it right idea on player pay. Further, any kid that that does things like walking over a player after a big tackle should be thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct. This game needs policed and cleaned up or it goes away for a lot of people. If you're an ass, get out and go to the street where you can be marginalized and ignored.

I've been reading and posting on one of their fan forums. Most expect the game to be over by halfime and for them to put up half a C note by then. There was a couple sooner fans that think we will be tougher than most of the fans. But they aren't even considering us to be a challenge.

I've been reading and posting on one of their fan forums. Most expect the game to be over by halfime and for them to put up half a C note by then. There was a couple sooner fans that think we will be tougher than most of the fans. But they aren't even considering us to be a challenge.

That's pretty typical of fan bases. It was awfully quiet at half time in Happy Valley last year, though.

We haven't had a winning season in ten years. Why would they look at us as anything other than a cupcake?

I'm guessing most of their posters are freshman around 18 years old. I wouldn't buy what they are selling.

Fans will be fans but I would love it if their coaches and players felt that way.