QB Matt Rodgers to Akron

Rivals.com is reporting that QB Matt Rodgers has committed to Akron. He is from Pittsburgh Seton-LaSalle high school......the same high school that Bruce Gradkowski played at.He had offers from Toledo and Bowling Green that I know of.....might have been a couple others too.Unfortunately I don't think Toledo will sign a QB now this year. We have a junior, a sophomore, and 2 freshman QB's on the roster and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to come to Toledo with that kind of competition. The other QB's we were after committed to BCS schools already.Rodgers is a good get for Akron though.

We're awfully stacked at QB for the next few years as well. We've got two pretty good RS freshmen battling for the backup QB spot, and we've got a true frosh who's being redshirted this year, Sean Hakes, who it seems, most on this board think will win the starting job next year.I saw your QB Cochran play in high school and he's the real deal! The fact that someone is giving him a battle for the starting position speaks well of your depth at QB!

Great to see us pick up a QB so early in the process. This really boads well for J.D.'s recruiting. Now we need to pick up one more this year. Next year we'll have 4 QB's counting Rodgers... we either need to pick up a walk-on or another scholly kid this season. I'd prefer a scholly kid because you never know what could happen after the battle for starting QB shakes out (position changes or transfers). It's always good to have good depth at QB because it's such an important position.Good Pick Up!!!

I wonder if rodgers was attracted to Akron because of Getsy being from around there. Having sucessful players from different parts of the country really helps the recruiting process. We can say "look at what that other kid from your neighborhood was able to do here. Wouldn't you like to have that kind of sucess too?"

Unfortunately I don't think Toledo will sign a QB now this year. We have a junior, a sophomore, and 2 freshman QB's on the roster and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to come to Toledo with that kind of competition. The other QB's we were after committed to BCS schools already.
Now, now, David. No stroking out on the board
I have no idea what that means but I assume you didn't like my post. I'll try again. Is this the most appropriate place for these types of posts? :)

Unfortunately I don't think Toledo will sign a QB now this year. We have a junior, a sophomore, and 2 freshman QB's on the roster and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to come to Toledo with that kind of competition. The other QB's we were after committed to BCS schools already.
Now, now, David. No stroking out on the board
I have no idea what that means but I assume you didn't like my post. I'll try again. Is this the most appropriate place for these types of posts? :)
I wouldn't complain about my post.First, I told you about a committment that Akron received. Second, no one here had posted about it yet so you guys probably didn't know about it.Third, if you want to be a dick I can be one too and not post news about Akron recruiting in the future.Fourth, you should want to know information about your conference mates. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. People that only worry about themselves and don't keep up on others will not stay on top very long. You are MAC Champions so you are on top right now.

I wouldn't complain about my post.
Good for you. If you did complain about your post would you be mad at yourself? :unsure:
Third, if you want to be a dick I can be one too and not post news about Akron recruiting in the future.
I don't care what you or toledo do. :wave:

Boy you guys are great. I even give you a compliment that you are on top of the MAC right now because you are MAC Champions. No, thanks for the kind words or anything.What......a little success go to your heads that quickly boyz......now you are going to act all arrogant.See you kangaroos in October at the Glass Bowl.....we got a present waiting for you.....down under.

Boy you guys are great. I even give you a compliment that you are on top of the MAC right now because you are MAC Champions. No, thanks for the kind words or anything.What......a little success go to your heads that quickly boyz......now you are going to act all arrogant.See you kangaroos in October at the Glass Bowl.....we got a present waiting for you.....down under.
I think I speak for most when I say thanks for the heads up on the new recruit.However I also speak for most when I say that we could do without the commentary on Toledo's QB situation. It isn't really relevant to our program and comes off as another snide attempt to put Toledo (or Miami, OU, BG, Can't, etc, etc) on a pedestal above us. Its why you see very few Zip fans on MACbbs. We get tired of getting ridiculed and talked down to by fans from other schools even when we are making the simplest points about our program.Thankyou for the info again though.

However I also speak for most when I say that we could do without the commentary on Toledo's QB situation. It isn't really relevant to our program and comes off as another snide attempt to put Toledo (or Miami, OU, BG, Can't, etc, etc) on a pedestal above us. Its why you see very few Zip fans on MACbbs. We get tired of getting ridiculed and talked down to by fans from other schools even when we are making the simplest points about our program.
That's it in a nutshell. :thumb:

Boy you guys are great.  I even give you a compliment that you are on top of the MAC right now because you are MAC Champions.  No, thanks for the kind words or anything.What......a little success go to your heads that quickly boyz......now you are going to act all arrogant.See you kangaroos in October at the Glass Bowl.....we got a present waiting for you.....down under.
I think I speak for most when I say thanks for the heads up on the new recruit.However I also speak for most when I say that we could do without the commentary on Toledo's QB situation. It isn't really relevant to our program and comes off as another snide attempt to put Toledo (or Miami, OU, BG, Can't, etc, etc) on a pedestal above us. Its why you see very few Zip fans on MACbbs. We get tired of getting ridiculed and talked down to by fans from other schools even when we are making the simplest points about our program.Thankyou for the info again though.
I think you are wrong about trying to put UT on a pedestal higher than you guys. Did you read what I said?I said that you got a commit from this guy and he had an offer from Toledo. I said that now I don't see Toledo signing a QB this year......now that two others signed with BCS schools and this one signed with Akron.If you think I was trying to put UT above Akron than you are mistaken. If that was the case, I wouldn't have said that UT offered him and I wouldn't have said that unfortunately it now looks like UT won't sign a QB. You got a guy we offered. What is so hard to understand about that?I think you guys are so used to being picked on because Akron's program wasn't great, that now you are being too damn defensive. Your program is one of the better ones in the MAC and you are the defending MAC Champions. Don't think that everything someone else posts is to put their school on a pedestal higher than Akron's. You guys are the defending MAC Champions, not Toledo nor Miami.

Everybody has their group of outspoken posters.
Hey bandman, if you want to read rocket lamenting the state of toledo football, go to their web page. I don't care what they have, what they need, or who they didn't get. He thinks he's talking about someone who doesn't want to go to toledo because there are so many good qb's in front of him, but it's a good pick up by Akron. That's a snide comment, but I'm glad Rodgers chose Akron. He can post all he wants but if he posts about toledo, it's gonna be more of the same. Go post about the Zips on their pages and see if you don't get run.
Unfortunately I don't think Toledo will sign a QB now this year. We have a junior, a sophomore, and 2 freshman QB's on the roster and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to come to Toledo with that kind of competition. The other QB's we were after committed to BCS schools already.  Rodgers is a good get for Akron though.
We is Akron, not toledo. This is the Zips forum. Outspoken Poster

Boy you guys are great.  I even give you a compliment that you are on top of the MAC right now because you are MAC Champions.  No, thanks for the kind words or anything.What......a little success go to your heads that quickly boyz......now you are going to act all arrogant.See you kangaroos in October at the Glass Bowl.....we got a present waiting for you.....down under.
I think you are wrong about trying to put UT on a pedestal higher than you guys. Did you read what I said?I said that you got a commit from this guy and he had an offer from Toledo. I said that now I don't see Toledo signing a QB this year......now that two others signed with BCS schools and this one signed with Akron.If you think I was trying to put UT above Akron than you are mistaken. If that was the case, I wouldn't have said that UT offered him and I wouldn't have said that unfortunately it now looks like UT won't sign a QB. You got a guy we offered. What is so hard to understand about that?I think you guys are so used to being picked on because Akron's program wasn't great, that now you are being too damn defensive. Your program is one of the better ones in the MAC and you are the defending MAC Champions. Don't think that everything someone else posts is to put their school on a pedestal higher than Akron's. You guys are the defending MAC Champions, not Toledo nor Miami.
A few things imply putting Toledo ahead of us.In recruiting when you mention the other teams that a commit had offers from it is generally in an attempt to show how good he is. By mentioning that Toledo had offered him it implies that Toledo is somehow significantly better school.As far as us having some sort of defensive complex b/c we've been picked on so long. Your damn right. And if you look at how we still get treated at MACbbs (a majority of the fans putting down our MACC is a total fluke, telling us were not that good of a team, constantly looking for ways to shoot down our recruiting classes, etc., etc., etc.) the complex is well founded. We're defensive b/c if we don't defend ourselves from the crap that gets thrown at us from every angle on a consistent basis, noone else will. Again, thankyou for the heads up. I myself and others appreciate it. Just be forewarned that when you come in here and start talking about your program (even in the context of a zips post) you are likely going to get some people pissed off.

back to the thread.... this rodgers kid looks pretty good! he's more of a polished passer than hakes although hakes is a much better athlete. that's no knock on rodgers though as he throws on the run really well making several throws rolling to his left (something you don't see too much in h.s.) this will give us the depth we need as i think Chris Jacquemain will be asked to move pos. next year and may transfer.... just a guess but i hope we can keep them all :screwks: