Game 2—Pittsburgh Panthers

The initial reaction to Burns from some quarters was that it was just Dr. Scarborough bringing in one of his buddies from Toledo. There hasn't been much discussion about Burns' actual performance at UA. If he proves to be a true marketing wiz he should become popular among those who have expressed the most dissatisfaction with UA's previous marketing efforts.

Could be, but take a look at the reserved seats left for the Pitt game - not many left. Hard to tell how much GA seating is left.

I dont buy too much into that. I remember a ticketmaster chart like that a few years ago for one of our other non-conference games and it showed something very similar. Gameday arrived and the stadium was 75% empty.

• Like 1

I dont buy too much into that. I remember a ticketmaster chart like that a few years ago for one of our other non-conference games and it showed something very similar. Gameday arrived and the stadium was 75% empty.

Sam here. Possible I guess, but I wouldn't put much stock in that.

We're getting close to another tickets sold vs. butts in seats discussion. :) Has anyone heard about any new plans to try to sell blocks of tickets to sponsors and other groups to pump up paid attendance? I wonder if the new AD is already at work behind the scenes with some quick fix strategies.

• Like 1

EA is predicting a sellout home game this year, perhaps against Pitt. I have hear rumors that the Pitt game may sell out. This would go a long way towards helping our attendance issue.

Scarborough, in his WAKR interview, when asked "How many fans will be at the Pitt game?"

Reply: "Not enough."

I hope his underselling of The University of Akron fans is consistent with his other antics thus far.

If not...he was due to get something right eventually.

Conner apparently left the game with a knee injury.

Hope Conner gets better for Akron, Qadree Ollison rushed for 207 averaging 13 yards per carry.

Pitt QB still looks turrible. 72 whopping yards of passing averaging 5 yards per completion.

Just like last year, stop the run! Should play into our defensive strength.

• Like 1

Horrible news: Pitt RB James Conner out for season w/MCL injury. Surgery this week

Post Gazette.

"You just feel awful for him," Narduzzi said. "There’s not a guy that worked harder than him during camp."

Conner is the reigning ACC Player of the Year after rushing for 1,765 yards and 26 touchdowns.

We will be much more successful with the run at Pitt. I won't be surprised to see a similar 2 QB offense this week and it will likely look a lot better. I am expecting a great game from Jerome Lane.

Narduzzi on Akron:

“Next on deck. They took a defeat to a Top 20 team, Oklahoma. Both are good football teams. I watched both sides of the ball just to see the new stuff as opposed to [just watching] the old stuff from last year. They’re loaded up. They’re a good football team. Defensively, they’re very similar to Youngstown State as far as transfers, defensive ends, and are very well coached by Terry Bowden. Their defense is very similar to what we do. They’re very well coached and will be a challenge. It’s a road game for us so we’ll get to travel out to Akron on Friday and take our game on the road.”

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090715aac.html​

James Conner is out for the year with an MCL injury and will have surgery this week. Looks like we'll see a lot of Qadree Ollison, who ran for 207 yards against YSU.

I too feel bad for Conner, but Ollison seems equally capable. Hence, I think the diminished depth will hurt Pitt more than the loss of a single player. Can Ollison carry the ball for an entire game by himself against a good Akron defense? I don't think so. If our offense can get going, I think the Zips win.

• Like 2

I too feel bad for Conner, but Ollison seems equally capable. Hence, I think the diminished depth will hurt Pitt more than the loss of a single player. Can Ollison carry the ball for an entire game by himself against a good Akron game? I don't think so. If our offense can get going, I think the Zips win.

You, my friend, nailed it right on the head.