Game 2—Pittsburgh Panthers

I like 6:00pm games on Saturdays better than the lunchtime kickoffs. 6:00pm is just about the perfect time for me, of course I understand that we should probably do whatever we can to keep our kickoff times as far away from the Columbus school's game times as possible as well for attendance purposes.

• Like 1

I like 6:00pm games on Saturdays better than the lunchtime kickoffs. 6:00pm is just about the perfect time for me, of course I understand that we should probably do whatever we can to keep our kickoff times as far away from the Columbus school's game times as possible as well for attendance purposes.

I think it is stupid to avoid Ohio State conflicts. It isn't like there are tens of thousands of fans sitting at home watching Ohio State that would otherwise be at the Zips game. They don't come anyhow, so f 'em.

I love 6 pm starts. Night games are always a blast. And all the family/kids events are long-since completed by 6 pm.

• Like 2

Here's the deal on the attendance for Pitt. I'll make this simple.

Our 2010 home opener game against Syracuse drew 15k attendance. And I think it's a comparable opponent, EXCEPT that Pitt fans are going to be far more able to travel for this one. It's easily even a day trip.

Pitt drew 40k last year at Heinz Field against us. So, I think that they will have 5k willing to make the trip to see the game again, which should get us to 20k.

The 6pm game time, perfect weather, and Akron's win against Pitt last year could possibly get us to 22k.

Those who have delusions of a massive Akron outpouring to produce a sellout, because of a good quality opponent, are nuts. See 2010 Syracuse game referenced above.

What were Syracuses's expectations and what were Akron's expectations that season? Syracuse had a bowl season and Akron ended up going 1-11 with a loss to Gardner freaking Webb. I know relatively speaking, we have high expectations this season as does Pitt. Pitt should come in 1-0. I expect a min of 20k. If we do well against OU (say close loss), I think I'll call a sellout.

• 3 weeks later...

What were Syracuses's expectations and what were Akron's expectations that season? Syracuse had a bowl season and Akron ended up going 1-11 with a loss to Gardner freaking Webb. I know relatively speaking, we have high expectations this season as does Pitt. Pitt should come in 1-0. I expect a min of 20k. If we do well against OU (say close loss), I think I'll call a sellout.

I won't go that far unless the OU game is a win. 21-24k is my prediction.

17k announced attendance. Im taking the over.

Are you a handicapper? That sounds like a pretty good stab at setting the over/under. I think I would take the over as well, but not by much.

Are you a handicapper? That sounds like a pretty good stab at setting the over/under. I think I would take the over as well, but not by much.

I don't know what handicapping is as it would relate to betting on sports, so I guess no. Throw out your number that you'd take the under on.

I don't know what handicapping is as it would relate to betting on sports, so I guess no. Throw out your number that you'd take the under on.

I probably should have said linesmaker. The handicapper gives expert opinion on the line that the house provides. My bad. I would take the under on 20k. I just don't think there are that many Pitt fans that will travel. I could be wrong, but it's a very interesting bet. There have only been 3 games over 20,000 at the Info so far and I think the odds are pretty long on Pitt becoming the 4th.

I probably should have said linesmaker. The handicapper gives expert opinion on the line that the house provides. My bad. I would take the under on 20k. I just don't think there are that many Pitt fans that will travel. I could be wrong, but it's a very interesting bet. There have only been 3 games over 20,000 at the Info so far and I think the odds are pretty long on Pitt becoming the 4th.

I'll meet you more than half way at 19k with no stipulations (i.e. Pitt coming in undefeated, how Akron does vs OU).

I'll meet you more than half way at 19k with no stipulations (i.e. Pitt coming in undefeated, how Akron does vs OU).

Ok. I'll take the bet. We can't bet money on ZN.o, though. If I win, you have to come to the Ohio tailgate with a couple of friends, introduce yourself to the gang, drink my beer and eat my food. If you win, you can choose the menu and drink selection. Deal?

17k attendance I am taking the under. The Zips could be 1-0 and I would still be taking the under. Now if you said Pitt would bring 6000 fans then I would take the over. Remember #Teamohio will now be 2-0 and we know what Zip fans will be doing.

Go Zips

Sh....t on Pitt

Ok. I'll take the bet. We can't bet money on ZN.o, though. If I win, you have to come to the Ohio tailgate with a couple of friends, introduce yourself to the gang, drink my beer and eat my food. If you win, you can choose the menu and drink selection. Deal?

Deal sir. Meeting some members of Zn.O is long over due.