Tom Wistrcill Resigns. Larry Williams hired.

zippy_ua_00

Looking forward to a dynamic replacement who, after accomplishing some great things at UA, is coveted by larger programs.

Non-dynamic, unimaginative handshakers who can't do much else but ride their predecessors coat-tails need not apply.

If you can't fill a 27k football stadium to at least 60% capacity, and can't get a new basketball arena built, you also need not apply.

I am not optimistic about a great hire... in previous hires, you could look to the future... a growing soccer program, football in a growth period-with a new stadium or one that had a chance of being built, a stable and growing? basketball program, and overall athletic facility growth.

Now the current hire will face an unimportant football program, with serious attendance issues and is a financial drain, a soccer program that has probably plateaued, a basketball program that hasn't taken the next step-- and has not given us reason to think they will, doesn't draw- even while winning. It's also a basketball team that wants a new building, at a University that is facing budget issues, at one of the nation's most subsidised athletic depts-- and at a time when the general long-term future of the NCAA is probably up for debate.

I think an in-house interim AD -- of which there is not much choice is where this goes for a yr or two, then someone comes into overhaul a new very downsized athletic dept

• Like 1

I am not optimistic about a great hire... in previous hires, you could look to the future... a growing soccer program, football in a growth period-with a new stadium or one that had a chance of being built, a stable and growing? basketball program, and overall athletic facility growth.

Now the current hire will face an unimportant football program, with serious attendance issues and is a financial drain, a soccer program that has probably plateaued, a basketball program that hasn't taken the next step-- and has not given us reason to think they will, doesn't draw- even while winning. It's also a basketball team that wants a new building, at a University that is facing budget issues, at one of the nation's most subsidised athletic depts-- and at a time when the general long-term future of the NCAA is probably up for debate.

I think an in-house interim AD -- of which there is not much choice is where this goes for a yr or two, then someone comes into overhaul a new very downsized athletic dept

There are business professions that thrive at turning around companies with the very same issues our athletic department. Hire the right guy and your concerns are addressed.

I'm not sure Akron will land some kind of "business turn-around expert". But hopefully we'll get someone young and talented, who is eager to work hard and produce. We've had several of those types in the past, and that's what I expect.

When I heard from Dan before he left to go back to Boston, I felt that this would be the next personnel news we got from out Athletic dept. I just didn't expect it so soon.

Looking forward to a dynamic replacement who, after accomplishing some great things at UA, is coveted by larger programs. Non-dynamic, unimaginative handshakers who can't do much else but ride their predecessors coat-tails need not apply. If you can't fill a 27k football stadium to at least 60% capacity, and can't get a new basketball arena built, you also need not apply.

Is it possible this guy already is getting a paycheck from the U? Is it possible the next guy used to get a paycheck from the U?

Jesus christ dude :chair::cry::eek::puke:

• Like 1

I trust that you're not planning to join the local Optimists Club anytime soon.

UA Athletics has a lot going for it...Infocision Stadium-Summa Field, Terry Bowden, First Energy Stadium-Cub Cadet Field, Jared Embick, Jodi Kest, Shawn Barber, DeAndre Yedlin on the USMNT and in the Premier League, Perry Kitchen on the verge of being on the USMNT for the CONCACAF Gold Cup and maybe beyond, Wil Trapp perhaps on the U23 USMNT and perhaps the USMNT, a D1 basketball team that has been to the NCAA Tourney a number of times and perhaps needs some new AD to help it take the next step, ...

I'm very optimistic that UA will find an energetic, driven AD who will bring Zips Athletics more success.

• Like 1