Baseball's Coming Back

KNCLZip

5 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

any idea where and when the intrasquad games will be played....showing as October 15-17 on gozips.com but no time or place....also, any idea when the 2020 schedule will be posted?

I'll guess March 1.

Shouldn't be any problem lining up non-conference games; a lot of teams will look at the new kids on the block as a likely easy win.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, ZipsVoice said:

any idea where and when the intrasquad games will be played....showing as October 15-17 on gozips.com but no time or place....also, any idea when the 2020 schedule will be posted?

Check Stow High School and Jackson High School. That's where they've been practicing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

School is in financial distress, major sports are not championship quality, but Akron adds two sports in women's lacrosse and baseball which will tax the limited resources, financially and in terms of human staff, and deliver absolutely $0 in revenue.  This is a good decision why?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DannyHoke said:

School is in financial distress, major sports are not championship quality, but Akron adds two sports in women's lacrosse and baseball which will tax the limited resources, financially and in terms of human staff, and deliver absolutely $0 in revenue.  This is a good decision why?

Well if you don't have the testicular fortitude to spell it out, I will.

It's all a GD scheme by the AD to build up his resume before jumping to a bigger, better school.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

It's all a GD scheme by the AD to build up his resume before jumping to a bigger, better school.

If a bigger better school looks at his choices in hiring coaches, he doesn't have a prayer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/14/2019 at 12:20 PM, Zipmeister said:

Actually it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for playing.  Adding in teams that will not be competitive (lack of scholarships) and which drain resources (financial and staffing) away from the sports which were already in place does not really set the AD up for a bigger, better school.  Quite the opposite. Here's to Spuds and doing the best he can playing 5 card draw with 2 Jokers, a 2, 9, and Queen.  That's no hand that you'd want to roll out on the table.  The deck is stacked against him.

8 hours ago, DannyHoke said:

Actually it was a rhetorical question, but thanks for playing.  Adding in teams that will not be competitive (lack of scholarships) and which drain resources (financial and staffing) away from the sports which were already in place does not really set the AD up for a bigger, better school.  Quite the opposite. Here's to Spuds and doing the best he can playing 5 card draw with 2 Jokers, a 2, 9, and Queen.  That's no hand that you'd want to roll out on the table.  The deck is stacked against him.

Are you hinting that Akron may be starting an intercollegiate card team: because that worked out very profitably for the kids at MIT?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, zippy5 said:

Good deal. I think things have come together a lot better than they thought they would when it was first announced. 

I doubt we'll be making the trip to Avon in May, but the way things have come together, I wouldn't be completely surprised.

Edited by Spin

3 hours ago, Spin said:

Good deal. I think things have come together a lot better than they thought they would when it was first announced. 

I doubt we'll be making the trip to Avon in May, but the way things have come together, I wouldn't be completely surprised.

Still fun to go to Avon, even if Zips not playing.  Great venue, fun town, MAC B-ball ain't bad either.