He got into two more games before the season ended:

Bassitt_GBG_EOS.jpg

JT's final numbers:

BrubakerEOS.jpg

Brubaker 

Edited by Spin
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

They are playing fall ball. The only way you'd know is if you checked Twitter, which I don't have a habit of doing very often. I'm more a Facebook guy, but there's no updates there since July.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spin said:

They are playing fall ball. The only way you'd know is if you checked Twitter, which I don't have a habit of doing very often. I'm more a Facebook guy, but there's no updates there since July.

They're only playing a handful of intra-squad scrimmages.  So it hasn't intrigued me at all.  I would have gone to a game or two if they were playing other schools.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chris is rumored to be traded to Seattle. He's entering the final year of his contract and the A's are looking to rebuild. And they're cheap and he's set to make $8.8mil next year.

J.T. is signed with the Pirates through 2024. No trade rumors on him, darn it, would like to see him on even a .500 club...

Edited by Spin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just playing around while watching TV, I see the baseball schedule is posted!  The usual home MAC Friday - Saturday (DH) - Sunday series, and a few games with Malone and BW.  One interesting note - they're scheduled to play Georgia Tech on a Monday night in May at Canal Park.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Baseball update as the Zips near the halfway point of this season.

For reference, there are 299 D1 baseball teams.

The Good: While the MAC average non-conference strength of schedule (NCSOS) is currently ranked an unimpressive 154th, the Zips’ NCSOS is currently ranked an incredible 6th.   

The Bad: The MAC average RPI is currently an awful 210th.

The Ugly: The Zips’ RPI is currently a dismal 274th.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Baseball update as the Zips near the halfway point of this season.

For reference, there are 299 D1 baseball teams.

The Good: While the MAC average non-conference strength of schedule (NCSOS) is currently ranked an unimpressive 154th, the Zips’ NCSOS is currently ranked an incredible 6th.   

The Bad: The MAC average RPI is currently an awful 210th.

The Ugly: The Zips’ RPI is currently a dismal 274th.

I certainly didn't want to Like your post, but then neither could I decide between the Laugh or Cry emoji.  I think I'll go with Cry.

It's not the improvement we wanted to see at this point, but we've won as many MAC games this season thus far (8-12) as we did all last year (8-32). 

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Bassitt got the season off to a rough start losing to the Giants giving up 5 runs on 8 hits in his first start with the Mets. He rebounded nicely with one ER (total) in the next two starts against the Diamondbacks and Nationals. He's now 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 20K's after his third straight 6 inning outing. His next start is scheduled for Tuesday in St. Louis which is scheduled to be on TBS. Then his NEXT start is slated to be on May Day, hosting the Phillies on ESPN. 

J.T. Brubaker was given the opening day start for the Pirates, his season also off to a rough start with a 0-2 record with a 7.30 ERA. He's been pitching to former Tribe backstop Roberto Perez. He should take the bump Sunday in Chicago, with the game possibly on TBS. 

Chris-Bassitt-2.webp

Edited by Spin
  • Like 1