MAC Football Media Day this Wednesday

Dr Z

UMass has a decent offense with Frohnapfel and Tajae Sharpe, but I don't think they have enough pieces on offense and defense to actually win the East. I say it's between Akron, BG, Ohio, and maybe Buffalo.

I agree. I feel like they're in a position to be like the '13 edition of the Zips. Improvement, but not yet over the hump. Let's just hope their turnaround game doesn't come against us. ;)

I'd say for sure the top spot is between Akron, BG and Ohio. Lance Leipold has had a pretty succesful coaching career at DIII Wisconsin-Whitewater, but I think there will be a bit of an adjustment period for him before I'd consider Buffalo in contention at the top spot. I think we're all ready for a little football after this...eventful...summer!

Go Zips! :gun:

UMass has a decent offense with Frohnapfel and Tajae Sharpe, but I don't think they have enough pieces on offense

If they do, you won't be the first in history to underestimate the importance of a quality QB making those other "pieces" look "good." wink-3331.gif

According to CBS sports, the Zips will play against two of the top 9 QB NFL prospects this year.

The MAC gave Cody a GoPro to wear at media day

I can't get enough. He needs his own segment on the coaches show. From the little I have seen, I love his personality. This is the most marketable football player since Charlie IMO. Someone get LBJ to do a back to back photo shoot with Cody...From The City.

• Like 5