New offer: Henry Baddley (St V)

1. 2016 @KingJamesAAU F Henry Baddley (@Hen_Dogg7) has added an offer from Butler per his twitter #KJSS http://youtu.be/senqAlgrMWc

View media8 retweets10 favorites

Just another offer. I'm sure he will get a few more along the way.

In addition to UA and Butler, Henry appears to also have offers from Toledo, Buffalo, Can't, Middle Tennessee and Duquesne.

St. Vincent-St. Mary boys basketball player Henry Baddley wants team atmosphere: Recruit spotlight

What do you look for in a school?

If they're a good team and they are playing as a team is important. I want to know what type of guys they have there and what type of environment it is, like what they do with their players and stuff.

I wish his answer were, "Teams that have multiple twenty plus win seasons in a row", and not environment.

What do you look for in a school?

If they're a good team and they are playing as a team is important. I want to know what type of guys they have there and what type of environment it is, like what they do with their players and stuff.

I wish his answer were, "Teams that have multiple twenty plus win seasons in a row", and not environment.

I think the most important influence about the Zips environment ("what they do with their players and stuff") is going to come from Henry's former HS teammate, Josh Williams. If Josh is happy with the Zips' environment he's going to be a good salesman with his former teammate. Butler (Big East) is going to be tough competition for his services.

We don't deserve him. We should have offered Baddley at least 8 months ago. His raw athleticism is literally breathtaking.

we don't deserve him? Sez who?

There are a number of factors that come into play when evaluating a high school player.

An often overlooked attribute is attitude. Baddley's family made it clear a year ago that they considered

him to be a high major player. Do you want to spend resources trying to change someone's attitude

toward your program? Attitude is a factor when offering a player.

Butler is a darn good and tough choice for Baddley. Now it is up to him to excel with the Bulldogs.

The Akron family wishes him well in this endeavor.

Cap'n Kangaroo made an excellent observation. It ain't over till its over. The home court just might

look a lot more inviting in a year or two.

The Zips never made him an offer. Funny how a two star player suddenly gets elevated to three

star status just by accepting an offer from a high major.

btw: The Zips have several players that also possess "raw athleticism is literally breathtaking."

I am waiting to see "BREATHTAKING Athleticism" in a Zips uniform. Outside of possibly a few, I can't think of anyone who even approached that level in the last 30+ years that I have been around the program.

Please share.

I hope the guys with BREATHTAKING Athleticism have cool nicknames.

Athleticism can be measured in different ways, such as strength, speed or jumping ability. Deji took my breath away a few times when he soared way above the rim to make a slam or block a shot. Same with Quade Milum. The players with FANTASTIC athleticism tend to go to places like Kentucky for a year before moving right into the NBA.

Tree was/is a pretty freakish athlete

Name a couple uniique plays he made during his three years that were "freakish," Few and far between. He cheated himself out of a reputation-building, number-retiring senior season.

From what I saw, Tree was a borderline mid/upper D-1 fower forward with a bad attitude. Those guys end up playing in Argentina. Which is where he's at.

There's a reason he played 1 season of HS basketball, and a reason he didn't have a 4-year college career.

Name a couple uniique plays he made during his three years that were "freakish," Few and far between. He cheated himself out of a reputation-building, number-retiring senior season.

From what I saw, Tree was a borderline mid/upper D-1 fower forward with a bad attitude. Those guys end up playing in Argentina. Which is where he's at.

There's a reason he played 1 season of HS basketball, and a reason he didn't have a 4-year college career.

He was an at-risk kid from the start, and I'm not one to pass judgement on what someone else is going through or has gone through. He obviously had some off-court issues, but I'm not sure I'd attribute it to a bad attitude...more bad decision-making.

I can't name individual plays from his 3 years here, but I know he had some pretty incredible ones.

If Tree made better off-court decisions, he'd be on an NBA roster right now, and it wouldn't be because of his fundamentals.