"The Scar" on the Future of Football

zipsoutsider

Wishy-washy, monotone 6 minutes. Very disappointing. At least it was on a radio station that runs on hamster power.

"We'll your stuck with the stadium..." says the interviewer. How can Scarborough not strongly respond to that comment? But he didn't.

"How many people will be at the Pitt game?" asks the interviewer?" - "Not enough", replies Scarborough. Then he monotonely discusses a new AD and how he'll work on the attendance.

No passion whatsoever. Can someone please get this guy a press secretary?

Agreed boring and could have punched a lot harder, but I also thought he explained the thought process well.

Would have been nice if he said there is no way they are leaving the MAC (i.e. dropping football). He left the option open. Jesus H Scarby.

Agreed boring and could have punched a lot harder, but I also thought he explained the thought process well.

Would have been nice if he said there is no way they are leaving the MAC (i.e. dropping football). He left the option open. Jesus H Scarby.

maybe he really meant move up to a better conference... nah

It sounded to me like he's implying that this next AD has the last chance to save Zips football.

If Zips football gets canned (I highly doubt it will happen, but still), I will end any and all association I have with the University.

I'm facing that decision already with the ball team. Dumping or downgrading football would certainly be the last straw...

If Zips football gets canned (I highly doubt it will happen, but still), I will end any and all association I have with the University.

It will mean they are too lazy and unimaginative to fill a beautiful stadium as well as Toledo, Miami, or any other historically good MAC team would.

Scarborough has already stated his plan - blame the poor stadium attendance on others before him. And hope that whatever new AD is chosen can change it. He has no plan to do so on his own, and if he did, it wouldn't matter because he's an Excel spreadsheet guy and not a "get-your-hands-dirty-and-fix-the-problem" guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Scarborough is president of the UNIVERSITY. He is not the AD or a coach. He has responsibilities far beyond athletics especially at a school like Akron. He will hire somebody,just like the University hired him and will expect the next AD to produce something better than has been occurring for the last 25 years. If the new AD and/or coaches don't produce something better, as has been common around here,'see ya!' If he doesn't produce better results with the crap he was left,gone. There are many more priorities at Akron than a DI football or B.ball program. He obviously isn't a PR genius but he is going to get rid of anything he sees as 'dead wood'.

Scarborough is president of the UNIVERSITY. He is not the AD or a coach. He has responsibilities far beyond athletics especially at a school like Akron. He will hire somebody,just like the University hired him and will expect the next AD to produce something better than has been occurring for the last 25 years. If the new AD and/or coaches don't produce something better, as has been common around here,'see ya!' If he doesn't produce better results with the crap he was left,gone. There are many more priorities at Akron than a DI football or B.ball program. He obviously isn't a PR genius but he is going to get rid of anything he sees as 'dead wood'.

Don't get on the radio to talk about it then.
  • Like 3