Perhaps this ...

--------------Holthusen---------------

---- Belana --- Najem --- Laryea

------- Souto -------- Dambrot --------

Souders -- Clarke -- Ruhaak -- Cregan

-------------- Fenlason -----------------

Frankly, I was quite favorably impressed with the Zips. This was easily the best Zips team

under Embick that I have watched. They out hustled, out played and controlled the match.

Really good ball control, team work, communication, knowing where to be, and best of all

they ran through attacks. None of that giving up on a play so characteristic of Embick's

previous teams.

I do not know good or bad Oakland was suppose to be. They were dominated. This promises

to be a quality Zips team that will be fun to watch. Good job Zips.

• Like 1

I concur with GoZips. The speed up the flanks, the pressure on the opposition, the communication and just plain understanding of where to go during the attacks was phenomenal...thoroughly impressed. This was an amazing showing. Granted, you have to wonder how good Oakland is before we get ahead of ourselves but even with that in consideration, it's been a few years since I've seen soccer like that at UA.

At about the 65th minute Akron subbed out all of their starters. The 2nd unit struggled at first, alot of badly timed runs, mispacled passes, definitely weren't in sync like the starters -- in fact the 2nd unit conceded the goal to Oakland about 5 minutes into the switch.

Looking forward to catching another game as soon as the schedule allows.

We finally got to see Ezana Kahsay. At last. His performance was mixed. Some really good runs playing Forward. Some really bad, late, tackling. He created the the PK opportunity and deserved to convert it.

I was sitting front and center. I still have no idea why he was sent off seconds after scoring.

Regarding Oakland, they appear to be a VERY good team and play a great schedule. They made it to the NCAAs last year - beat Kentucky in the first round, lost to Michigan State (who they beat in the regular season) in the second round. For some reason.....I cannot insert the link to their schedule but they are the Oakland Grizzlies.

Quality win in my book. Very excited!!!

Regarding Oakland, they appear to be a VERY good team and play a great schedule. They made it to the NCAAs last year - beat Kentucky in the first round, lost to Michigan State (who they beat in the regular season) in the second round. For some reason.....I cannot insert the link to their schedule but they are the Oakland Grizzlies.

Quality win in my book. Very excited!!!

http://www.goldengrizzlies.com/sports/m-soccer/sched/oakl-m-soccer-sched.html