Maryland and Georgetown

Georgetown was preseason #3 but had tough opening weekend.

they tied florida gulf coast 0-0 on Friday night

they could not play s. florida last night due to weather

s. florida and Georgetown played this morning and s. florida won 2-0

Maryland had a good weekend...They tied #7 Notre Dame on neutral field(Bloomington) and defeated St. Johns 4-0 yesterday. Notre Dame yesterday defeated the Hoosiers at Bllomington.

On Friday, the zips will play Georgetown while Maryland is playing UCLA. sunday, the Hoyas host the bruins and the terps host our team.

This tough schedule will really help the zips.

I wish I could make it to DC and College Park this weekend to see the zips battle 2 very good teams....but my work schedule does not permit

I do watching high quality college soccer....so I look forward to watching UCLA and Maryland on the Big Ten Network Friday night.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/mens-college-preview:-sept-4-7_aid37220

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, great win on the road......

Very happy for Coach Embick and the entire team.

I know that there were going to be many zips nation posters at the game. I am anxious to hear their thoughts.

To shut out a high powered Georgetown team....Andrew, Brad, Niko, Nate, Robby, Victor and Pau had to be tremendous.

Looking forward to seeing Adam's goal on the zips web site. Excellent win

• Like 2

I guess this makes up for the loss to Old Dominion. ;)

I was at the game….we looked good. Nice rebound by the Zips. This is a brutal road swing….if we can beat Maryland on Monday…..wow! GO ZIPS!!

Maryland beat #1 UCLA last night!!

Hoyas play #1 UCLA on Monday - GO HOYAS!!

For those that want tough schedules in our other sports…we sure have that with Akron Futbol.

A-zip , thanks for traveling to be at both tough road games. I greatly admire Coach Embick for giving the zips the opportunity to play in front of 8,000 fans against one of the four all time great college soccer programs. Akron football is a 31.5 point underdog at Oklahoma. I love that Akron futbol is not a gigantic underdog when they play the top teams and I love that Coach Embick and his staff have assembled a team that can go into Georgetown and beat a final four team from last year on their home field. I like this team. Adam and Brad will be good leaders for this team. I love the fieriness and competitiveness of Victor and Richie. Sean Sepe, Robby Dambrot, Brad Ruhaak and so many others have improved tremendously over the past 1-2 years. This is a very good , hard working team with high character student athletes. Go, zips !!!

• Like 2