Kipper Nichols

I posted this in the Jackson thread, but 2015 3-star wing Kipper Nichols (St. Edward) is looking for a new school. He committed to Tulane (over some high majors, including Maryland) due to Anthony Wilkins, a Glenville graduate who is an assistant at Tulane.

A family situation has came up and he is not enrolling at Tulane, and Tulane released him from his scholarship. That makes me think he is looking to play closer to home due to the circumstance.

I haven't seen anything that points to where he will end up. But he is pretty active on Twitter. While he hasn't said anything, there are some potential clues.

For one, he seems pretty tight with Jibiri Blount (SVSM) who is at Cleveland State (hometown team). But he follows Rick McFadden, who appears to be the only local college coach he follows. He follows some other Cleveland based assistants at out of area schools. He also follows former assistant Matt Futch, and Romeo Travis. And this doesn't mean much but also follows Akron football player Anthony Young (but both are Eds guys and he follows a lot of his other Eds classmates).

It should be something to monitor as Akron was after Willie Jackson, and Nichols plays the same position, and they are very comparable as players.

Ive always liked Jackson's upside more, but Nichols obviously is a very good player in his own right. FWIW, Nichols congratulated Jackson on his commitment on what was a very well thought out tweet (for 140 characters). That tweet was before he announced, but to the effect of its great to see kids getting a free education.

Both he and Jackson appear to be great guys, from what I've heard and read.

• Like 1