I know we have a "Zips in Pro Leagues" thread, but I thought this deserved its own.

Best wishes to Wil Trapp, Dillon Serna, and the US U23 MNT. If they qualify, we could have a number of Zips representing the USA in Brazil 2016. Although DeAndre Yedlin has been getting time with the full USMNT, he is age eligible for the Olympic Team (birthday Jan 1, 1993 or later, I believe) and would not count against the 3 older players allowed on the actual Olympic Team.

http://www.ussoccer.com/us-under23-mens-national-team/matches

Group Play is:

Oct 1 v Canada 9 pm ET

Oct 3 v Cuba 5 pm ET

Oct 6 v Panama 9:30 pm ET

TV coverage doesn't look good. Hopefully, there will be some way to watch online if nothing else.

I think the finals and semi-finals take place in Salt Lake City Oct 10 & 13. CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying

On a side note, the Zips' Shawn Barber will likely represent Canada in the Brazil 2016 Olympics.

Following the Zips excellent 2-0 win over Santa Clara, I returned home to see the 2nd half of the US U23s vs Panama and was rewarded with 4 goals between the 50th and 71st minutes for a final score of USA 4 - PAN 0. 9 points and an all-out win of Group A for the USA!

Onto the game that really matters. Defeat Honduras or Mexico (loser of tonight's MEX-HON match) in the semi-final Saturday afternoon at Rio Tinto, and the USA secures Rio2016 CONCACAF qualification. Best wishes to Captain Wil Trapp and the US U23s getting it done.

• Like 1

it looks like the mens national game against mexico ....will be on fox sports 1 saturday night at 9:30 eastern time....from the rose bowl

does any one know if the u-23 game on saturday ...will be televised on directV? tks much for info...on where to find the u-23 game

@TennZip, Sorry I missed your post. The only place to watch was on Telemundo, I believe. I hope you found that info before the game, or perhaps not. The match was awful for the USA U23s.

Having lost 0-2 to Honduras, the US U23s must now defeat Canada in the 3rd/4th place match on Tuesday and then defeat Colombia. (I don't recall the date for this match.) Otherwise, no Olympics in 2016 for USA Mens Soccer. Two cycles in a row without qualifying for the Olympics would be :wall: