Game 11—Buffalo Bulls

johnnyzip84

Well it seems to me that if you’re going to bother celebrating a culinary delight which has its origins in rural Quebec of the 1950’s, you might as well enjoy it with the appropriate weather. I’m normally pretty careful about the nutritional value of a meal – not this Saturday. Paired with some select Unibroue offerings, I know one little corner of Lot 9 will be transformed into Vieux-Montréal, if only for a day. Why it’ll be the envy of Céline Dion, Mario Lemieux, and Jabari Arthur. Let’s rock this poutine cookoff! :cheers:

Edited by johnnyzip84
  • Like 2

Well, it appears that poutine is a specialty dish, available throughout the Hawaiian Islands! Who woulda thunkit? Not sure why -- our past Governor, Neil Abercrombie was a native Buffalonian and there ARE a lot of Cannucker snowbirds around Kuhio Avenue, so that may explain the abundance of poutine-serving eateries on O'ahu.

So, alas, the Zip in Paradise and whatever other members of the Aloha Section Alumni crew he can scrounge up will try and find a table or bar seat at Real, a Gastropub in Baja Waikiki for the 10:30 kickoff on CBS Sports Net.

http://www.yelp.com.au/search?find_desc=poutine&find_loc=Honolulu,+HI

Edit, fail on REAL. They don't open the kitchen till 2 O'clock. ;(

Edited by Z.I.P.

It is funny...a 10 point road win, our 4th road road win of the year...only 3 years removed from triple 1-11 seasons...is cause to get rid of the coaching staff and start over. For a vocal few. A vocal one is consistently amazed that we don't fill InfoCision after we string two wins together. Zips are having a nice season. I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'll be dressed warm, slightly drunk, and cheering for the Zips! F Buffalo!

If you are referring to me as the "vocal one" for filling Infocision....I suggest you read my posts. Its not that I think we should fill Infocision....its that I think high schoolish attendance figures we put up (3500 to a game) and being called out for having the lowest attendance in the NCAA is an embarrassment and will certainly not bring in top recruits.

I wish they would let us hear what questions are being asked...

They could add the question in text over the video. For a couple different reasons, its tough to mic everybody in the room as well as coach. I'm still happy to hear coach speak every week, even without the questions being heard.

Edited by Dr Z

Just curious: This game -- like the previous game with UMass, is live Saturday on CBSSN. How does that jibe with the supposed "exclusive TV deal" between the MAC and ESPN. I thought the UMass game was allowed because UMass is a "football-only" member. Now, I wonder... Anyone know? I just hope we get more of these -- CBS sure beats the heck out of the ESPN3 announcing and video team.

Just curious: This game -- like the previous game with UMass, is live Saturday on CBSSN. How does that jibe with the supposed "exclusive TV deal" between the MAC and ESPN. I thought the UMass game was allowed because UMass is a "football-only" member. Now, I wonder... Anyone know? I just hope we get more of these -- CBS sure beats the heck out of the ESPN3 announcing and video team.

I believe the MAC inked some kind of separate deal with CBS for basketball and football a couple of months before the season started.

Edit: here's the link http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25203828/cbs-sports-network-signs-deal-to-televise-mac-football-basketball

Edited by LoyalZIP

Rain coming. Checking stats,looks like UB gives up some points in the FIRST half. Licata is over 60% completion. They have 2 RB's who have 600-700 yards each.

Their defense might be vulnerable to the run which may be a break since Akron struggles with the pass. Please don't put Woodson in the position of having to throw the ball. The O-line doesn't protect that well and he will throw up anyway. Looks like they have a decent punter. They beat OU and played BG and NIU fairly tough.

Akron needs to establish the run early and stay with it. Stating the obvious getting ahead by a couple of scores early is critical for Akron.Make Licata throw the ball to catch up. He will throw a few picks if the Akron defense,particularly the secondary stays disciplined. Not sure that 20 points or less will do it aganst UB.

Probably a bowl elimination game for both teams.

Rain coming. Checking stats,looks like UB gives up some points in the FIRST half. Licata is over 60% completion. They have 2 RB's who have 600-700 yards each.

Their defense might be vulnerable to the run which may be a break since Akron struggles with the pass. Please don't put Woodson in the position of having to throw the ball. The O-line doesn't protect that well and he will throw up anyway. Looks like they have a decent punter. They beat OU and played BG and NIU fairly tough.

Akron needs to establish the run early and stay with it. Stating the obvious getting ahead by a couple of scores early is critical for Akron.Make Licata throw the ball to catch up. He will throw a few picks if the Akron defense,particularly the secondary stays disciplined. Not sure that 20 points or less will do it aganst UB.

Probably a bowl elimination game for both teams.

Go Zips, eliminate the Bulls!