Zips in the Pros

tpsjugglerdude

• 2 weeks later...

1 year 2 Championships 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Zipmeister said:

It's past time for Zeke to give up the charade and start doing what his education at the U prepared him to do, oh wait.

Zeke not only got his degree, he has actually done some freelance tech support even while pursuing his basketball career. Might be my favorite student athlete ever to come through Akron. Great guy and very smart. He prepared himself well for whatever follows, he will be just fine.  I know your schtick is to try be the board smartass but you're way off base on this one. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I was curious what Malcolm Duvivier was up to these days. He's back up there in his home country of Canada playing ball. I thought he came in and did a fine job for US last year.

http://www.halifaxhurricanes.ca/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/duvivier_malcolm_pi69

Shooting 40% from beyond the arc.  How we miss that this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Isn't this his first year in D1?

He has a "junior" body but freshman D1 experience.

He should be a standout next year.

Agreed.  He has two years of JUCO so he should have the junior (20 - 21 y.o.) body.  At the rate at which he's grown as a player this year, you should be right about next year.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

"The team includes some recognizable names to area high school and college basketball fans. Former LeBron James St. Vincent-St. Mary teammates Dru Joyce III and Romeo Travis join other ex-University of Akron players Nick Harney and Demetrius Treadwell on the team."

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20190701/michael-porrini-unites-mac-alums-for-basketball-tournament

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

DANCING ON PORRINI! DANCING ON PORRINI!

Pretty awesome roster. 

I wonder if they approached Zeke to protect the rim.

They must be counting on getting a boatload of additional supporters cause the players appear to have only a $900,000 claim on the $2 million first prize.

• Like 1

I am glad to see him playing basketball again.  I was afraid that he had given it up.  There is always room on a team for a shot blocker who can intimidate guards going to the basket.  He needs to be a step quicker and a little more fluid on offense.   I hope he keeps playing.  I miss having 4 year players and watching them develop.

• Like 1