Zips in the Pros

tpsjugglerdude

10 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

I am glad to see him playing basketball again.  I was afraid that he had given it up.  There is always room on a team for a shot blocker who can intimidate guards going to the basket.  He needs to be a step quicker and a little more fluid on offense.   I hope he keeps playing.  I miss having 4 year players and watching them develop.

It has to make a person feel good when he can do what he loves and make hundreds of dollars doing it.

When is a dollar not a dollar?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

One would think he'd make more with his computer science degree, but maybe he doesn't want to give up on his dream.

You would be surprised. There's a reason the NBA is cozying up closer and closer to China - these international leagues are paying very well from top to bottom pretty much. Basketball is way bigger internationally than it used to be. 

26 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

You would be surprised. There's a reason the NBA is cozying up closer and closer to China - these international leagues are paying very well from top to bottom pretty much. Basketball is way bigger internationally than it used to be. 

Yes, if this was China or one of the top European leagues he'd be making 6 figures. If he was a star in one of those leagues he'd be making low 7 figures. This is Tunisia we're talking about where the average per capita nominal gdp is ~$3400. Out of 186 countries ranked by the IMF it comes in 120th. 

Edited by kreed5120

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

This is Tunisia we're talking about where the average per capita nominal gdp is ~$3400. Out of 186 countries ranked by the IMF it comes in 120th. 

Gawd, I learn more and more from you each day!  Who said the U of A degree wasn't valuable!  ?

22 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Yes, if this was China or one of the top European leagues he'd be making 6 figures. If he was a star in one of those leagues he'd be making low 7 figures. This is Tunisia we're talking about where the average per capita nominal gdp is ~$3400. Out of 186 countries ranked by the IMF it comes in 120th. 

Tunisian Dinars make those Canadian dollars he was pocketing in his last BB gig seem like solid gold.

I'm predicting his next move is to South America. The weather is warm right now and Venezuela has a particularly weak currency.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tunisia+currency+photo&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-yJuqt-flAhUOT6wKHQHBAQ0QsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1366&bih=654

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...