Sign in to follow this  
tpsjugglerdude

Zips in the Pros

44 minutes ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Zeke is no longer on the Moncton Magic roster

Ok, but they kept Brian-Scalabrine-wannabe Nick Evans? Ridiculous. 

Zeke, by his own admission, didn't really focus on basketball till the summer before his senior year.  Someone should have absolutely been busting his butt from the moment he stepped on campus (you can take a horse to water, I suppose).  Now he's gonna have to get a real job. 

Zeke was always a class act when he was at Akron.  Who knows why he left the team.  I hope that if he still wants to play professional basketball that he finds the right opportunity.  If he decides to hang them up, I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

• Like 1

1 year 2 Championships 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Zipmeister said:

It's past time for Zeke to give up the charade and start doing what his education at the U prepared him to do, oh wait.

Zeke not only got his degree, he has actually done some freelance tech support even while pursuing his basketball career. Might be my favorite student athlete ever to come through Akron. Great guy and very smart. He prepared himself well for whatever follows, he will be just fine.  I know your schtick is to try be the board smartass but you're way off base on this one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I was curious what Malcolm Duvivier was up to these days. He's back up there in his home country of Canada playing ball. I thought he came in and did a fine job for US last year.

http://www.halifaxhurricanes.ca/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/duvivier_malcolm_pi69

Shooting 40% from beyond the arc.  How we miss that this year.

• Like 2

I really wish we had him for one more year. He and Cheese would be amazing, with LCJ as the change-of-pace guard. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I really wish we had him for one more year. He and Cheese would be amazing, with LCJ as the change-of-pace guard. 

Cheese is the new Ivey. But only for one more year.

I feel Ivey has a higher basketball IQ, but Cheese is a more explosive scorer. Both stuff the stat sheet.

I think Cheese can be a 16 to 18 point average scorer.  He's not the rebounder or defender Ivey is but he has a better handle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I think Cheese can be a 16 to 18 point average scorer.  He's not the rebounder or defender Ivey is but he has a better handle.

Isn't this his first year in D1?

He has a "junior" body but freshman D1 experience.

He should be a standout next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Isn't this his first year in D1?

He has a "junior" body but freshman D1 experience.

He should be a standout next year.

Agreed.  He has two years of JUCO so he should have the junior (20 - 21 y.o.) body.  At the rate at which he's grown as a player this year, you should be right about next year.

• Like 1