Predict the depth chart

ZachTheZip

What do you think the depth chart will look like when the season begins?

My completely uninformed guess is:

PG: Noah Robotham, Antino Jackson, Josh Williams

SG: Aaron Jackson, Jimond Ivey, Josh Williams

SF: Reggie McAdams, Jake Kretzer

PF: Kwan Cheatham, Jake Kretzer?

C: Pat Forsythe, Isaiah Johnson

I don't know enough about the freshmen outside of Josh Williams to say whether they might see any playing time. There's definitely minutes available at PF.

At SG, I see Aaron Jackson as the starter over Ivey based on size and experience. That might eventually change, as the season progresses.

Edited by ZachTheZip

I think we'll see a lot of dual-PG lineups this year with the depth at that position.

I expect the starting 5 to be something like this:

PG: Robotham

SG: Williams/Antino Jackson

SF: Kretzer

PF: Cheatham

C: Forsythe

Reggie will be the first one off the bench and I would expect see him and Jake play anywhere between the 2 and 4 considering the question marks behind Cheatham at PF and the depth we have on the perimeter. I think we also need to see major improvements from Aaron Jackson before he's ready to start/play big-time minutes.

I'll predict that one of the guys coming off the bench will start playing well at some point during the season. A ZN member will suggest that the player should be starting. A ZN member will argue that it doesn't matter who starts, and that player provides a spark off the bench. He will probably cite some sixth man of the year stat. Another ZN member will argue that if that player starts, he would score more points to help the team. Another ZN member will argue that even if he starts he isn't going to get anymore minutes.

Edited by Dr Z
  • Like 4

I'll predict that one of the guys coming off the bench will start playing well at some point during the season. A ZN member will suggest that the player should be starting. A ZN member will argue that it doesn't matter who starts, and that player provides a spark off the bench. He will probably cite some sixth man of the year stat. Another ZN member will argue that if that player starts, he would score more points to help the team. Another ZN member will argue that even if he starts he isn't going to get anymore minutes.

A ZN member will revive the thread after it lays dormant for 2 months and then a ZN member will suggest that the player should be starting, again. A ZN member will argue that it doesn't matter who starts, and that player provides a spark off the bench, again. He will probably cite some sixth man of the year stat, again. Another ZN member will argue that if that player starts, he would score more points to help the team, again. Another ZN member will argue that even if he starts he isn't going to get anymore minutes, again.

Edited by Keener'92

Noah is looking to play around conference time, hopefully at Buffalo. If he is not healthy enough by that time, he is okay with sitting out the season. Regarding the freshman, Peter and Emmanuel will be red shirting. Utomi, is a question mark regarding what he will do. He nor do the coaches know whether he is red shirting or not.

• Like 3

A ZN member will revive the thread after it lays dormant for 2 months and then a ZN member will suggest that the player should be starting, again. A ZN member will argue that it doesn't matter who starts, and that player provides a spark off the bench, again. He will probably cite some sixth man of the year stat, again. Another ZN member will argue that if that player starts, he would score more points to help the team, again. Another ZN member will argue that even if he starts he isn't going to get anymore minutes, again.

Lol. And one of the ZN members will accuse the other of being the player's dad.

PG: Robotham/Antino

SG: Williams/Ivey

SF: Kretzer/McAdams

PF: Cheatham/Aaron Jackson(?)

C: Forsythe/Big Dog

With Williams @ "SG" that gives us 2 interchangeable lead guards on the court w/ Robotham @ "PG". Williams & Robotham are almost clones of each other. Ivey is more of a pure SG.

Far and away the most accurate assessment of the likely line up.

A couple of considerations; Noah is not ready to play a starter role. He may see some

spot minutes although there is no guarantee. Jake has a bad back which will limit his

playing time. Aaron needs to think like a "four" man to get minutes. Love the kid and he

has great hops, but, he is not needed at the shooting guard. Save the "Nigerians" for the

future. Trade their worst year for their best year. The Zips are deep and talented. Proper

time management and the Zips will prosper for years to come. 2015 is a great recruiting

class, to boot.

..." He will probably cite some sixth man of the year stat." and then be banned from ZN.O by the moderators!

• 2 weeks later...

I think last night was a good glimpse at the possible rotation for this season.

When Robotham is at full strength, there's going to be 8 guys getting 25-30 min. per game, with the primary 3 bench players looking like Big Dog, Jake, and Antino. Ivey and Aaron Jackson look to be the next tier, with about 10 fewer minutes per game. There may be nothing left except mop-up minutes for the remainder of the active roster.

I think the only starting lineup change between the exhibition game and Cleveland State was Forsythe starting instead of Big Dog.

I actually think this rotation will change a lot throughout the season. And as for Ivey I believe he will play a lot more minutes as he learns this system. Especially on this road trip, were going to need Ivey's points and athleticism. And to me josh is a good ball handler but his pockets got picked four times last night, so he definitely go to get better if we want to win on this road trip. And truthfully we played real sloppy last night as a team, I think KD will get the team ready

• Like 1

Zippy 5....you're right. Someone, or a couple of guys will still need to get trimmed back. Obviously, not all 8 of them will get 25+ minutes. Can you tell I wasn't a math major?

But, it still looks like that relegates Ivey and Aaron to much lesser roles. And it pretty much shuts out everyone else.

It'll be interesting to watch, especially when Noah is back to full strength. Who else gets a diminished role along with Ivey and Aaron? Antino? Josh? You can be sure that Pat, Isiah, Kwan, Reggie, Jake, and Noah seem to be sure bets to get major time. There isn't enough left if these guys all get somewhere around 25 mpg.

If there was ever a year where fans will be complaining that the teams might lack continuity because of depth of the rotation, this would seem to be that year.

Warming up...and it's only November. :rofl: