2015 Bowl Thread

LZIp

Doesn't the school get a payout from the league from all the other conference bowls too? Wouldn't we need to factor in all bowl-season money into the equation before we decide if it's good or not? I remember this article from earlier in the year pointing out that the MAC had a net gain of some $12-million over the previous season. HustleBelt mentioned it here.

If this is true, that roughly each MAC team is making almost $800,000 more because of the existence of the CFB Playoff; doesn't it make more sense to be one of the teams in the bowl, than not?

This is nearly the point that I made on the Potato Bowl thread. Also, last year, the Potato Bowl gave schools tickets to sell and the schools kept the profit. CMU found it to be a better deal than other bowls.

In terms of whether it's a nice spot, it depends on what you like to do. I think the bowl provides some outdoor winter recreation for the kids like snowmobiling and will give some kids a chance to see the Rocky Mountains for the first time.

I like our matchup with Utah State as it is an opponent that we have never played. To me that's one of the fun things about watching a bowl game. I sure hope a Zips player does not try snowboarding as a beginner prior to the Bowl. First, it's very humbling (takes about 5 lessons to get up to speed) and second you can be sore afterwards as you use muscles you never knew you had. Try snow tubing out in Boise instead.

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 1

BG (-7), UT (-1), WMU (-3) are favorites. UA (+6), OU (+9), NIU (+8) are underdogs. --yahoo odds

More opinion on the bowl match ups.

Other than the Zips game, two other games are interesting to me. The BG game, and the UT game. Depending on how our game goes, and my mood, I might go to the Toledo game.

Edited by Dr Z

BG (-7), UT (-1), WMU (-3) are favorites. UA (+6), OU (+9), NIU (+8) are underdogs. --yahoo odds

CMU is also an underdog (+5.5) per ESPN.

I believe Toledo is also an underdog. They're +1.5 per ESPN.

Looks like the MAC has some nice opportunities to gain a little respect.

Edited by johnnyzip84
  • Like 1