Great Day to be a Zips Mens Soccer fan

I just have to shout ... WHAT A GREAT DAY to be a ZIPS MENS SOCCER FAN

• 2015 Post Season Journey begins at home with MAC Tourney semifinals tonight.
  • Darlington Nagbe and DeAndre Yedlin playing for the USA in a World Cup Qualifier.

I wonder if anyone in Buchtel Hall or the AD's Office is aware? :eek:

Maybe, if everything goes well, someone at the ABJ will notice tonight. So far seems crickets are chirping.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/13/darlington-nagbe-soccer-enigma

But I’m also reminded of something Nagbe said in August about his time at Akron in college. “I won a national championship at Akron with my best friends, and I’m still friends with all of them, and I remember it,” he said, hovering on those last three words, his eyes lost in memory. After a brief pause, he continued, the idea seeming to coalesce from fragments into words as he spoke.

“And you can win a championship, but if you didn’t have fun all season, I feel like you don’t remember it,” he concluded. In a similar vein, Nagbe said in our follow-up phone call, “If I’m not enjoying the game, then there’s no point in me playing.”

No matter what happens, Nagbe is certain of one thing: he wants to end up back where he feels most at home. “I’d like to be back home playing professional soccer in Cleveland,” he says. “I consider myself a Cleveland kid even though I was born in Liberia. Ohio is my home.”

Edited by Zip_ME87

“Beautiful pitch. Fantastic weather. Now f'ing get better,” bellows Caleb Porter with a wry smile during a training session the next week.

Edited by Dr Z

I am excited to say that with my schedule conflicts which is hard to see weeknight games and even Saturday games, I will FINALLY be in attendance for tomorrow's MAC Championship game.

EDIT: Should be a good crowd. Went to buy my ticket online, and could only find GA tickets.

Edited by mes102
  • Like 1