Jatavis Brown

Blue & Gold

7 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

Too bad the Browns passed on him. Then again, that's why they are the Browns. The kids in their back yard you would think they would know more about him than the other teams do.

Couldn't agree more.  I sat there going on Draft day "pick him, he's a steal..."pick him, he's a steal!".  But now they've gone over to an 'analytics' way of running a football team.  It's pathetically sat.  I was dying for the chance to buy a Jatavis Brown (customized of course) Browns jersey.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Couldn't agree more.  I sat there going on Draft day "pick him, he's a steal..."pick him, he's a steal!".  But now they've gone over to an 'analytics' way of running a football team.  It's pathetically sat.  I was dying for the chance to buy a Jatavis Brown (customized of course) Browns jersey.

I am sure they are happy with Joe Schobert that they took before JB....Morons.

• Like 1

Yeah, obviously Jartavis would look nice in a Browns uniform, but the jury is still out on the Browns draft. A lot of what they did was trade down and acquire future picks. Who knows how those players turn out. Not to mention who knows how good Corey Coleman will be. We've hardly seen him play.

I don't agree with calling the current Browns regime morons at all. I wanted the Browns to draft Jatavis Brown as much as anybody and I'd imagine he was a target of theirs, it just didn't work out. He tested highly on the SPARQ test, which is a test believed to be attractive for the "analytics" guys. See Seth DeValve draft pick, among various others. Jatavis was drafted the very last pick of the 5th round. Does that mean all other teams who passed on him are morons? What about Antonio Brown or Tom Brady? Jatavis might not even be on the field if it weren't for Teo going down. I wish the best for him and he's certainly made the most of his opportunity so far.

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/

For the record, I'm not the biggest fan of the Schoebert pick, either. But he has been starting and hasn't done bad. And I don't want to take this too far off topic, but I'm guessing some on here complaining were also probably pissed when they ditched Mingo and Kruger and their whole 2.5 sack production combined last season. Ogbah and Nassib combined for 2.5 sacks just last week alone.

Edited by LZIp

Injured yesterday.

The injury happened midway through the game and was a very somber moment for the Chargers, who have already several significant knee injuries this season. As the training staff looked at Brown on the field, several of his teammates were kneeling on the ground near him in concern. That being said though, he did manage to walk off the field on his own power. At this point the extent of the injury is not known, but it’s easy to fear the worst for the young linebacker. If it does end up being serious and he’s forced to miss more time than just the second half of Sunday’s game, it would be a very significant loss for the Chargers. Brown, a fifth round pick this year out of Akron, has been filling in for the injured Manti Te’o and has been doing an excellent job thus far. He’s even earned high praises from several of his teammates.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I (hopefully) suckered my 13 year old nephew into a bet for the game.  We have a Christmas party at my dad's on Monday.  If Jatavis has more tackles than Bosa, I bring a Zips jersey for him to wear and if Bosa has more tackles he brings me an OSU jersey to wear.  Come on Jatavis, just one more tackle!

5 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

I (hopefully) suckered my 13 year old nephew into a bet for the game.  We have a Christmas party at my dad's on Monday.  If Jatavis has more tackles than Bosa, I bring a Zips jersey for him to wear and if Bosa has more tackles he brings me an OSU jersey to wear.  Come on Jatavis, just one more tackle!

Considering the nature of the positions, you should win that bet.

On 12/21/2016 at 4:38 PM, zippyfan34 said:

Please, report back to us with a picture of your nephew in his Zips jersey.  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...