Jatavis Brown

Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

I missed it.  Did they at least say that he was from Akron?  Because it doesn't even show his college affiliation in the graphic.  

They certainly did on his back to back sack and forced fumble. :-) I believe the Chargers are very happy with their fifth round pick. :-) 

I belong to a facbook browns group and i tried to tell everyone about JB last year and most laughed at me when i said he would be better than Bosa, which in my opinion is one of the most overrated players in the draft. I wanted JB in the 5th but unfortunately SD took him one pick too early

• Like 1

8 hour trip to Tennessee November 6th to root JB on. $52 tickets. No Zips game the day before. 

A more affordable trip to FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland Saturday, December 24. You should be able to walk through the parking lot and score free tickets. Five bucks tops. The place will be half empty that day. I just happened to check the ticket exchange the other day, and was astounded how cheap Browns tickets are. It would be cool for the Browns to work with the Zips to put together an Akron section. Our AD might have some ins. 

PFF Top defensive grades:

ILB Jatavis Brown, 85.5
ILB Korey Toomer, 84.6
OLB Melvin Ingram, 82.2
DE Joey Bosa, 82.0
NT Brandon Mebane, 80.7

San Diego rookies make big impact

This isn’t your 2015 Chargers run defense or anything close to resembling it. San Diego finally has the horses up front to not only limit a run game, but stop it in its tracks. Outside of a few runs late in the game, the Broncos running backs had nowhere to go for most of the game. A big reason for their defensive success was the rookie duo of Joey Bosa and Jatavis Brown. Brown had a huge sack and forced fumble down the stretch while Bosa was consistently applying pressure throughout the game with five hurries and a hit.

PFF Game-Ball Winner: Chargers linebacker Jatavis Brown

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LZIp said:

Excited to watch Hitman tonight! I know he'll show out.

14 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumbles on back to back plays on a huge 4th quarter drive :ninja:

I was watching closely, and he's already the leader of that talented defense. Calls plays and plays with the same passion he did at UA.

Edited by LZIp

12 hours ago, zippyfan34 said:

Cowher on the pregame said he just loves this kid Jatavis Brown out of Akron.  Can't wait to watch him for the first time in the NFL!

I heard that too. He also said that Jatavis was his key to the game for the Chargers.

He's such a humble guy too. Think we all knew what he had in him but this?! I think any talk of moving him to safety has disappeared.

Nice ESPN piece on him and that was before last nights game.

Selected in the fifth round by San Diego this season, Brown was taken with an eye toward depth at his position, along with an ability to contribute on special teams.

But with Manti Te'o suffering an Achilles tendon tear in Week 3 against the Indianapolis Colts, Brown was thrust into a starting role and told to sink or swim.

So far, Brown's doing the backstroke.

Through five games, Brown leads the Chargers in tackles (28), is tied for tackles for loss (4) and also has two sacks, a forced fumble and five pass breakups.

So now make that 42 tackles, 5 TFL's, 3 sacks and two forced fumbles.

Funny thing is the article says he fits the mold of leaner, more athletic linebackers patrolling the middle which was the exact knock on him out of college. And with him being good at defending both the pass and run he hardly ever leaves the field.

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

I belong to a facbook browns group and i tried to tell everyone about JB last year and most laughed at me when i said he would be better than Bosa, which in my opinion is one of the most overrated players in the draft. I wanted JB in the 5th but unfortunately SD took him one pick too early

I don't know, Bosa in two games looks like a real difference maker. The SD media has been remarking that his skill level is head and shoulders above their D-line veterans! 

Now Jatavis...what can I say? The guy is making a lot of teams look really really stupid for overlooking him in the draft. He's got such heart and a nose for the ball. He's always in on the action. So fun to watch, like Jason Taylor 2.0.

As a long suffering Charger fan I'm really happy to have both of the "Killer B's" :-)