MAC Coaching Changes

tpsjugglerdude

WMU is going to make Fleck the highest paid coach in the MAC. He's not going anywhere yet.

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-western-michigan-working-on-new-deal-for-pj-fleck/

I think I saw him linked to Rutgers, but if that doesn't happen then great for WMU. The MAC needs a new bar set. Losing coaches to P5 conferences is one thing, but losing them to other G5 programs and/or having salaries much less is a bad look.

Edit: See exhibit A.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/11/29/9816274/dino-babers-new-ucf-football-head-coach

Edited by LZip

I still expect Babers to go somewhere this year with so many highly visible jobs available and the domino effect that typically ensues.

As a Zips fan, it is great to be going into the "closing time" of recruiting season with the quarterback position solidified, a winning staff in place, a bowl berth and a winning record.

Couple all of that with our facilities, and I'd expect we'll have a great 2016 recruiting class.

To quote Charlie Frye from his Frenchy interview: "If you're a high school football player, why wouldn't you want to come here?"

• Like 1

As a Zips fan, it is great to be going into the "closing time" of recruiting season with the quarterback position solidified, a winning staff in place, a bowl berth and a winning record.

Couple all of that with our facilities, and I'd expect we'll have a great 2016 recruiting class.

To quote Charlie Frye from his Frenchy interview: "If you're a high school football player, why wouldn't you want to come here?"

I agree. With our current lack of commits, I'm expecting a pretty strong ending relative to the rest of Bowden's tenure. Those decommits from MAC HC vacancies should be ripe for the taking.