Coppin State

LoyalZIP

I don't have anything against the Ladies team. In fact, I go to plenty of their games, but I HATE that we have to play a double header with them and delay our game until 8pm. Especially on a weekday. I'm old. I'm usually sleeping by the time I'll be leaving the arena tomorrow night.

You should contact the AD, and ask him to play the men's game first, so you remain upright in your seat till the end. :D NOT :zzz:

Hopefully, the game is such that we can all leave early when the Zips are way ahead and working in the backups.

My memory of last year is that little Coppin point guard driving Noah crazy. He must have had 5 or 6 steals.

Just looked it up....Taariq Cephas had 12 pts, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, and 7 steals. Nearly a quadruple-double. Luckily he's graduated now.

Their top scorer, who had 16 against us last year, Sterling Smith, is now playing for Pitt.

Against us, they played 11 different players...only 5 of them scored.

Really thought that playing an easy home schedule was dumb but the game tonight was a win when on most nights it would have been a loss.

Good to see Robotham playing. However, defensively he is very slow on his lateral movement. KD on his postgame indicated that they only way he was going to improve was to get him in game situations. I thought that is why you have practices. Coppin was quick and beating us off the dribble all night. We really looked slow defensively and it put pressure on our big men to clog the middle because they were driving in the paint all night.

Both Kwan and Antino had bad shooting nights and went a collective 4 for 20 and 3 for 10 from the 3 line. When 2 of your starters can't put the ball in the basket the team is going to struggle.

We shot 31% from the 3 line and shot 28 3 balls. We usually lose when we do not shoot 40% from the 3 line. I still think this team relies way to much on the 3 ball and need to have the wings attempt to attack the basket.

Big Dog and Pat played great. Big Dog was a rebounding machine and had a double in rebounds and points. Pat had 20.

I was expecting a blowout and actually enjoyed watching a close game.

I would like to see Jimmond playing more since he is one of the few players who can attack the basket and it athletic. However, he needs to stay on this toes on defense and play better defense to get more time. I think KD should have played him more tonight since he matched up athletically with the opposition.

Coppin State just put on film the best way to beat Akron's defense: mid-range jumpers. Our guards can't adjust when opposing players break through the perimeter or beat them off the dribble, and our bigs are either right under the basket and can'r close, or way out on the perimeter. I do have to give credit to Coppin State, though. They looked much more athletic and quick than I expected.